Flying with/without your significant other

How does your significant other feel about your flying?

• Hates it. Wants you to stop. Divorce is imminent :)(from spouse or planes)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Accepts it. But does not get on the plane with you.

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Ok with it. Travels with you on the plane, but prefers a car anyway

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • It's whatever is best for the travel mission at hand.

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Likes it. Great passenger who wants to go places. But NOT interested in doing any flying

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Likes it enough to be a helpful copilot. Learned basics for emergencies

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • A pilot.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • More experienced pilot than you.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Taught you to be a pilot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My wife only likes it if we're going somewhere a short distance away that has a good restaurant near the airport with good food, and then it should be a 4 seater, so she can bring a friend. I will occasionally go rent a 172 just for this purpose.

I'm hoping that when the RV-8 is finished, she'll discover the utility of a fast 2-seater with good baggage carrying ability for weekend trips.

My wife gets miffed when I don't take her along, even though I'm just up for 30 minutes Around the local area.

Same. Sometimes my wife asks me when we're going flying again, and we're still taxiing... What's *REALLY* cool about that is I can say, "Whenever you're ready to go," because we live right next to the runway and can fly every time the weather is right. She just told me this morning where she wants to fly on her birthday in a couple weeks. Ain't love grand? I can't imagine being married to someone who didn't either share some of my interests, understood my hobbies or what I love about them, or had interests of their own that I could learn about. So many people marry strangers, then get surprised when things go sideways, but that's for another website. Or the medical forum, maybe...

Back