Flying with the family

red4golf

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Red4Golf
Today I had the privilege to fly some VIPs around the local area. In all of the flying that I've done, it is rare for Samantha to be able to accompany me. Today I not only had Samantha but Aiden and the baby in mommy's belly all crammed in a Cessna 172.

We waited for the clouds to burn off from the south sound area and headed over to the farm we have been looking at buying. The area is just west of Olympia along the Chehalis river, has a barn / hangar, and a 1800 foot runway all tucked away in complete privacy. After that we flew to Hoquiam for a quick touch and go at the airport. We then flew south to Long Beach (pictured) before crossing in to Oregon.

We hung a left at the Astoria bridge and flew over one of our favorite hotels, The Cannery Pier Hotel.

By this time it was getting late so we cut diagonally across the state to return to Olympia before dark.

The baby was asleep before we made it to Hoquiam but woke up 30 minutes before returning to Olympia. Daddy did show off a little with a nice 45 degree bank steep turn.

A great time was had by all and I was even able to practice some of my teaching skills on Samantha when she tried her hand at the controls.

Rough route of flight KOLM - KHQM - KAST - KOLM
2.1 hours

Attachments

• DSC_0227.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0210.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0213.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0214.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0206.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 27
  • Flight 25Jan2015.jpg
    Flight 25Jan2015.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 29
Great day. Great photos. Great memories.

Also good to see the whole family going.

(I kept thinking of the threads we've had where mom and dad won't even get on the same airliner. Ha. You crazy risk taker you. LOL)

Sounds like you had a great time, that's what it's all about. :D

Back