Flying with Ravioli

So if one moves, and lives, in TX the local TX Mafia doesn't recognize you as a Texan, except for collecting taxes? That sucks... :D

I choose not to assimilate. I probably belong in Colorado or New England.
Due to close ties to family, I am staying in Texas.
When the kids graduate, I may make a bee line (or is it b line) for somewhere else.

This is from a thread about 18 months ago. True story. And Edwin ("Him") and I are still friends.

I had this convo at the bar at the marina 1/2 mile direct distance from my house:

Him: You aint from around here, are you?
Me: Actually (pointing out the window) that's my house.
Him: You might live here, but you aint from around here.
Me: You're right, thanks for noticing.

I proceeded to pick up his bar tab and we've been friends for about 4 years now. He DID think he was insulting me, and I DID regard it as a compliment.

My personal favorite Texan statement: "That's just (fill in a state) humor. Nobody here gets it"

I choose not to assimilate. I probably belong in Colorado or New England.
Due to close ties to family, I am staying in Texas.
When the kids graduate, I may make a bee line (or is it b line) for somewhere else.

I picture you in......Key West. Not now though, probably not much there sadly. Cool place though. Always loved the open sided bars where you just stroll (or stumble) in. Even saw a dog wonder in once, but I think he was still sober.

So if one moves, and lives, in TX the local TX Mafia doesn't recognize you as a Texan, except for collecting taxes? That sucks... :D

That's correct. My wife has lived in Texas for the better part of 20 years (from CA originally). She *might* almost be an honorary Texan. BrYan? No way

Sorta like Yankees moving to the South. Visiting Yankees are called damn Yankees, Yankees actually visiting and then moving here are called GD Yankees!

Last edited:
Back