Flying with pets

Someone could always try organizing the dog version of Angle Flight. However, can’t say i see a long line of volunteers contributing time and resources for non-emergency canine transport. A single-pilot, one-airplane 135 operation flying a PA32 or BE36 would still be an expensive transport. How far the trip is can be a factor too.

Uuuhh. Pilots and Paws.

https://www.pilotsnpaws.org/

Not for vacations, but relocations are handled by them. A local friend has done over 300 flights for them.

By pets you mean dogs.

Bacca (my Quaker parrot) was a regular commuter in the Navion. She especially liked it when Margy wasn't there so she could ride up from with me. Turbulence makes her feet tired, however.

Uuuhh. Pilots and Paws.

https://www.pilotsnpaws.org/

Not for vacations, but relocations are handled by them. A local friend has done over 300 flights for them.

True, I did forget about PNP. If I left the Angel Flight reference out it would have made more sense. Should have simply said, creating a non-profit group with the sole purpose of moving non-needy or non-rescue dogs around on a volunteer basis.

I’ve flown with a dog / dogs onboard on hunting trips, vacations, personal trips, etc and at least one going off to “training-to-hunt” school. It had the jet to itself. It asked for red wine and the WSJ, but we said no. OK, so that last sentence isn’t true. Almost all were well behaved.

I have a small (15 pound dog). My plane is so loud that I'm afraid to fly with her.

I have seen dogs that love to fly and those who are deathly afraid. Alpha, a black lab, was so eager that if someone left their airplane door open he'd be inside ready to go.
Another friend named their dog Jeppesen but it was deathly afraid of flying. They had to tranq it to get it in the air.

Got Cruiser when he was 4 months old and he started out cruising with us in the RV. He has many miles in the RV and now is 10+ years old. The RV was our solution to traveling with a pet.
He just wants to be with us, either my wife or I. So he does not care what vehicle he gets in. He has been going to the airport since I started flying. I didn't have any trouble showing him how enter the plane under the door then he jumps up into the back seat. He can jump out just past the gear on his way out. He has flown with me a few hundred times and I am sure he is past 500 hrs. Easy dog to travel with as he just sleeps. He isn't small.
IMG_1338.JPG

He is a fixture at the hangar.
IMG_1340.JPG

Last edited:
Back