Flying While Pregnant?

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Ah, no, I'm not pregnant. :no: :lol:

Is there any concerns of pregnant passengers in an unpressurized AC to 12,500'MSL?

We talked to the flight surgeon about this when Fran was pregnant. Basically, you want to drop the altitudes where you use supplemental O2 several thousand feet, perhaps as low as 5000, and certainly anything above 10,000, especially if she is not living at altitude. Be increasingly cautious in the last trimester as there is the increasing risk of going into labor, and you don't want that at 10,000 feet a long way from medical assistance. And that's pretty much it.

Our son probably had at least 50 hours as a passenger before he was born.

My wife definitely found that lower altitudes were more comfortable. The highest we went was 7,000 ft as I recall, and she was more comfortable the lower we could be. I imagine she wouldn't have been happy at all at 12,500. With O2, might have been different.

A big consideration is that women need to drink lots of water when pregnant, and also need to use the bathroom frequently. Flying dehydrates you, and makes it harder to use the bathroom.

Just have your passenger take a spoon full of Marvel Mystery Oil before Take off and every thing should be fine.

Just have your passenger take a spoon full of Marvel Mystery Oil before Take off and every thing should be fine.

:rofl: Now that was funny! :rofl:

Thanks for all the input. She lives in Laramie, WY (7,400' MSL) so coming down to 1500' should be a piece of cake. We just have to find the smooth ride under 12.5.

I flew with my wife when she was 9 months and she was fine.

Short 1.5 hour flight each way at 7,500 and 6,500. We live in Texas. Elevation at my home airport is 642, visiting airport was around 500.

it's just like anything else that can restrict control yoke movement. Once that's checked ok the only other issue is frequency of bathroom stops.

it's just like anything else that can restrict control yoke movement. Once that's checked ok the only other issue is frequency of bathroom stops.

:lol:

I checked her O2 levels as we were flying and they stayed around 92 even at 12.5. I'm guessing the "peanut" was gestating just fine. :D

I am so happy she is PG. :D

:eek: Is that a bad thing to say about my daughter? :mad2:

She is 35, been married 10 years this December. :dunno:

Bout damn time! :goofy:

Last edited:

I checked her O2 levels as we were flying and they stayed around 92 even at 12.5. I'm guessing the "peanut" was gestating just fine. :D

I am so happy she is PG. :D

:eek: Is that a bad thing to say about my daughter? :mad2:

She is 35, been married 10 years this December. :dunno:

Bout damn time! :goofy:

I'd be saying the same thing if my daughter was PG. Not quite as old, but married 9 years. They'd love to have a child (and my wife would LOVE to be a grandmother).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back