flying WATER car! the Kitty Hawk

I can see this being very useful for... for...

Hold on, let me get back to you on this...

Pretty cool looking toy, would be a fun little gadget to have for tooling around, and I could see it having some real world applications... depending on how stable it is it could be a cool viewing, announcing, and filming platform for aquatic sports and activities

Pardon if this is going to come across very jaded, but "No Longer a Dream: Silicon Valley Takes On the Flying Car" seems seriously overkill
A.) this is not a car
B.) this is not the first time this has been done
C.) the headline sounds like something Hooli CEO Gaving Belson would get excited about
I think the main reason this is getting more attention this time is because it has some big wig names in Silicon Valley involved. We've seen similar designs in the past and this feels like it's essentially a dude sitting on top of a very large drove quadcopter. There was a guy who made something very similar to this in his backyard with a lawn chair

Frankly I was much more excited about this (and yes, it had a chute!!)
upload_2017-4-27_11-53-45.png

What does Silicon Valley do with all that money? Larry Page apparently invested $100 million into this... what the heck?!? You could buy at least 100 SR22's for that price :D

Reminds me of the "Juicero" - the company needed $120 million in seed money to make a machine that squeezes premade juice out of a sac

*Until gravity defying technology is discovered there will not be a true "flying car"

I should honestly move to Silicon Valley and see what's the most outlandish thing I can think of then raise oodles of money from it

Californians are very skilled at creating a lot of hype and advertising it the wrong way to the wrong crowd. Love it. (not) :D

Fail in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... ;)

Frankly I was much more excited about this (and yes, it had a chute!!)
I think they were looking for a flight test engineer a while back. Now's your chance!

Nauga,
whose knees begged him not to apply

Back