Flying Video: On Top of the World

kurtsnyder

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mooney_Pilot
Hi guys. I just finished working on another video and wanted to share it. You can view a small, non-HD version below. I recommend clicking this link and viewing larger, HD version: https://vimeo.com/84920019

p>

That is awesome. I grew up in NW Indiana and flew around Chicago along the lake several times. I flew out of LaPorte, IN, KPPO (used to be 3LP) and one of my most memorable flights was taking my mom and stepdad up just after my Grandfather passed. We were on final to runway 20 around sunset in August and the sun was behind the skyline in Chicago, perfectly outlining the buildings. Gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing! What camera did you use to shoot that?

Awesome video! I love that song for flying... have always wanted to use it for a video like that but it wouldn't come out nearly that well. Really prime stuff :thumbsup:

Very nice.
Did you use GoPro?

Nice video, where was the grass strip at about 2:05?

It's Foreman Field just outside of Springfield, TN, north of Nashville. It's 2100' long and a fun place to go in and out of. A friend of mine owns it.

Very nice.
Did you use GoPro?

I used the Drift hd170 and an iPhone for all the footage.

Nice video (A lot better than any of mine), but it appears that the bulb in your anti-collision light is burned out.

Nice video (A lot better than any of mine), but it appears that the bulb in your anti-collision light is burned out.

That's the way it appears. The bulbs (there are 2) are not burned out. The stupid light has had issues for the 3 years I've had the plane. I've had it worked on at various times and it has been working again as of late. Fortunately I have strobes for when the beacon is not working. :)

Fantastic video! The music was perfect. It really did capture why you (and I...and most of us) love to fly. The smile at around 1:32 says it all :).

Back