Flying Today?

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I think not. Blame the hazard of my unit A-1 being on the wrong side(sunless until mid afternoon) of the line.

Photo #2: Whereas on the back side of me, getting early morning sun ...
Photo #3: The Seneca adjacent to me was just about clear;
Photo #4: Tomorrow, for them; but they had two people shoveling.
Photo #5: That's as far as I got. Hmm, I wonder if I could put a seamless -- like on my house -- gutter on the roof's edge. That dripping freezes hard at the bottom.

EDIT: #5 was an 11:30 shot, before I had to drive to Rockland. I went back in the "sunny" afternoon and got more done. Eh? maybe, tomorrow.

HR

Attachments

• Hangar Ice1 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice1 030407.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Hangar Ice2 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice2 030407.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Seneca1 030407.jpg
    Seneca1 030407.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Seneca2 030407.jpg
    Seneca2 030407.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Hangar Ice3 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice3 030407.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
That sucks, I flew 2.6 yesterday. The first leg took me 2.1. While the trip home only took .5. I took my time enjoying the nice day.
John

BTDT. That is one thing I don't miss about the flying club.

You only need to shovel three strips and you're good to go!

You only need to shovel three strips and you're good to go!

... except for the fact that while gone -- and otherwise -- water can seep in and onto the floor. The building should have been engineered so as to tilt ever-so-slightly toward the door.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I get the same thing in mine. A skating rink about 1/16" thick. The real problem with mine is I have a sliding door, and the ice melts up against the door, which wouldn't be bad, excpt for the corrugation makes a perfect interlocking mechanism with the ice.

Actually, I'm quite lucky re the hangar floor. The only part that was(is) wet(glazed over) goes from about the center of where your left wing sat, and to that wall; and it only goes back about three feet. Hence, I want to remove all the exterior snow so I can eradicate the glaze out the door. On my way there, in minutes. Today is mild; deep freeze coming tonight.

Back