Flying to Work

Is there a taxi company in town? I’ve seen one man taxi companies in small towns like that. Maybe the hotel has a shuttle service for those who fly into their little airport. Have seen that happening in small towns as well. Alternatively, your client can probably also figure out a way to get you from the airport to town.
I may end up finding out pretty soon. Sounds like I'm heading there Wednesday or Thursday for a day or two.

Is there a taxi company in town? I’ve seen one man taxi companies in small towns like that. Maybe the hotel has a shuttle service for those who fly into their little airport. Have seen that happening in small towns as well. Alternatively, your client can probably also figure out a way to get you from the airport to town.
Many years ago, but I used to have a homemade sign (large block letters) that said "AIRPORT" on one side and "TOWN" on the other. I tried it a few times when I was without transportation in out of
the way places - and it worked!. You could probably improve your results by adding "WILL PAY" to the above.

Dave

One of the hotels here in my small town will send a car to get you at the airport, unless an airport rat finds you first and offers a ride. There are a lot of ways to skin the cat, depending on things like whether this is something you’ll do again and can reposition a car for. Of course, buying a beater car is a little tougher when reliably starting in the winter is required. But if you do this more than once, the $1,250/month for a full-size that Enterprise long-term rentals offered me just now would quickly weigh in favor of buying. Good luck!

Back