Flying to Valparaiso

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
If anyone is flying by VPZ today, I hope to stop there for lunch-dinner (linner or dunch?) at 3 pm. I have not been there in quite a while. My tail number is N1477X. Say hi, if you hear me flying by.
The FBO recommended Strong Bo's. I wonder if it is related to Strong Bad of www.homestarrunner.com fame?
Time to go flying!
ApacheBob

You better hope Trogdor isn't a lineman... :))

The food was pretty good at Strongbo. Valpo airport was steady when I arrived, but quiet when I left. No problem getting the crew car. The "Check Engine" light was on in the courtesy car, but I didn't check the engine. Strongbo is about a mile from the airport, so it wasn't too far to drive. The blueberry tart was yummy. The shrimp bisque was excellent. Strongbo is some kind of turkey. So I had the open-faced turkey sandwich. There was a generous amount of meat. I am not a vegetarian, so that was appreciated. The stuffing and whipped potatoes were good, not awesome like the bisque, but good.
After I left Valpo, I flew to Stark County for gas. I paid $4.94 per gallon of low-lead.
Gas was $5.28 at Valpo. They did not make me buy gas to use the courtesy car or park on the ramp at Valpo.
I got flight following from Chicago Approach on the way back to Aurora. The radio is a little scratchy in N1477x. But they did not give me any grief about it. Really, it was a perfect day to fly. Ed landed his Skymaster shortly after I arrived at Aurora. 2.2 cross country for the day...1,000 hours, here I come!:blueplane:
ApacheBob

The food was pretty good at Strongbo. Valpo airport was steady when I arrived, but quiet when I left. No problem getting the crew car. The "Check Engine" light was on in the courtesy car, but I didn't check the engine. Strongbo is about a mile from the airport, so it wasn't too far to drive. The blueberry tart was yummy. The shrimp bisque was excellent. Strongbo is some kind of turkey. So I had the open-faced turkey sandwich. There was a generous amount of meat. I am not a vegetarian, so that was appreciated. The stuffing and whipped potatoes were good, not awesome like the bisque, but good.

It's the Strongbow Inn and they are famous for turkey, although they don't' raise them themselves anymore.

The crew car in York, NE, was funky, too. But it got me to the Chance's R!:cool2:

After I left Valpo, I flew to Stark County for gas. I paid $4.94 per gallon of low-lead.
Gas was $5.28 at Valpo. They did not make me buy gas to use the courtesy car or park on the ramp at Valpo.
Dang, you should have stopped at Clow. $4.10/gal! Liked Strongbow Inn. Did you sit in the room by the bar with all the aviation models and the instruments in the wall?

Burlington WI (KBUU) is supposed to be $3.59 per gallon

Back