Flying to KPDK. FBO?

Soldier64

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bill H.
I am planning a flight to PDK this weekend for a night and was hoping for some advice on use of an FBO on the field (which one?), and any advice on flying in from the SW?

Thank you in advance!

Epps is my favorite FBO there.

Ive flown there from Destin so roughly the same direction as you. Flight following will make the transition into the bravo the easiest. Typically they will vector you over the approach end of the actives on a 360 heading at 3-5 thousand (? memory is a little shady at the altitude they like?) and then drop you down once you get past the airport a bit.

Epps

I used Epps every few days when I depart out of there.

Like everyone else said, use Epps.

I've never used an FBO on the field, but I'll say Signature because they gave me a $7500 grant for my EAA Chapter :D

I've never used an FBO on the field, but I'll say Signature because they gave me a $7500 grant for my EAA Chapter :D

While Signature has never given Cloud Nine any grants (I need to look into that), they have often given us excellent fuel discounts and support on missions. There's something to that - when you make more you can afford to give more.

But at PDK, Epps has also given us excellent support. I've got some pictures/videos from years ago when we showed up as part of the Georgia Puppy Caravan.

I guess the decision is Epps. I called them yesterday and they seem like a good group of people.

I do plan on Flight Following up there.

Thanks all!

While Signature has never given Cloud Nine any grants (I need to look into that), they have often given us excellent fuel discounts and support on missions. There's something to that - when you make more you can afford to give more.

But at PDK, Epps has also given us excellent support. I've got some pictures/videos from years ago when we showed up as part of the Georgia Puppy Caravan.

Ted, get with a local Signature rep and fill out the application. BBA, the parent of Signature, hands out a lot of money.

Ted, get with a local Signature rep and fill out the application. BBA, the parent of Signature, hands out a lot of money.

Thanks, Randy. I'll look into it. We're not near any Signature, closest is Indianapolis, so if they need to work with a local FBO it might be challenging.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it ;), but I was at Epps last week and they were great.

Back