Flying to DC

What direction are you coming from? Are your relatives picking you up? Sounds like they live in the Alexandria area.

Don't mess around with VRE unless you're arriving in the morning as they run on a commuter schedule. HEF is pretty far out from Alexandria, and a long commute on the train, cab, or whatever you take.

2W5 is likely the closest non-FRZ airport. I've had success using Uber, and a ride from there should cost about $30-35. You can also arrange for a rental there as well.
+1:wink2:

I'll tell my wife ;-)

6-8:30am and 4-6pm you want to avoid 210. All other times its fine. Cant say that about 95, it can be awful at 2am.

I had no idea you were also in the area.:goofy:
210Northbound traffic starts about 5:30a and Southbound the traffic starts about 3p. There are some variances for which day of week and I haven't quite figured out the pattern yet.

I had no idea you were also in the area.:goofy:
210Northbound traffic starts about 5:30a and Southbound the traffic starts about 3p. There are some variances for which day of week and I haven't quite figured out the pattern yet.

Tuesday is bad, Thursday bad, Friday is ok because all the federal workers 'telecommute*'.

* 'Telecommute' is the technical term for 'goofing off while on the clock'. They are all supposed to sit in front of their laptop doing important whatever it is federal workers do. In reality they log into the VPN at 8:30 and log out at 5pm with only the keep alive pings as network traffic in between.

Tuesday is bad, Thursday bad, Friday is ok because all the federal workers 'telecommute*'.

* 'Telecommute' is the technical term for 'goofing off while on the clock'. They are all supposed to sit in front of their laptop doing important whatever it is federal workers do. In reality they log into the VPN at 8:30 and log out at 5pm with only the keep alive pings as network traffic in between.

Hey now... I telecommute 2 days a week, and put in longer hours than when I'm in the office. Don't hate.
:nono:

Back