Flying to Concord, CA today...Questions...

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
Flying from So Cal to Concord CA (KCCR) today first time! Any answers to these questions appreciated!

* Best way to approach airport from SouthEast...lots of runways, angles, etc.
* What is best FBO for a couple of nights?
* Best way to BART?

Thanks, members!

There is no "best" way to approach. You'll get assigned according to which way the wind is blowing. IFR traffic will approach from the north due to terrain, even with a north wind. Runways have been periodically closed for construction. Check NOTAMs. And have a taxi diagram handy; it's a maze even when no taxiways are closed. Make sure you write down your taxi clearance, especially if you land on 32R and have to make your way to transient.

There is transient parking next to the hotel, near 1R.

Best way around the Bay Area is Uber.

+1 on Uber to BART. Bay area traffic is the worst I've ever seen.

I've had good service from both PSA and Sterling. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both have some transient parking. The hotel parking is a good hike away.

Might be able to find someone to give you a ride to BART.

Looks like light NW winds today. Lucky you...I seem to only get strong westerlies when I'm there...

Straight in for 32 (L or R as assigned) under the Class B shelf south of Mt Diablo should work fine for you. Can be tough to get the ATIS from far away, the big rock tends to block their signal.

Be sure to have a taxiway diagram out, it can be a little confusing. Pay attention for runway crossing and hold short instructions.

Back