Flying to Branson, MO

labbadabba

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
labbadabba
Flying the family to Branson for a quick weekend get-away.

We won't have a car so we'll be limited to whatever is on the strip. It'll be my wife, 3y/o and 6y/o girls, and me.

We'll probably Uber in from KBBG.

Branson isn't really my scene (I'm not 70 and I can't stand Country music), but I guess it's a fun place? Thoughts on what we should consider?

Last edited:
What about KPLK? It is right downtown is my understanding and they have rental cars. KBBG is out a bit. As far as fun we were there years ago and went to some of the comedy clubs. There is also an Scenic Outlook tower to go to.

There are lots of things to do in Branson. Go to Silver Dollar City. One of the best amusement parks in the nation. They sister park, White Water, is a lot of fun too. My kids love it. Branson Landing is good for some shopping and food.

Benjamin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stopped at KBBG once and went into town to get lunch. It was a long ways out - I remember it being something like a 20-25 minute drive into town for any food, but there were tons of golf courses along the way. If you like golf, there’s a ton of it there.

If KPLK is closer to what you need in Branson, I’d fly there if I were you.

We won't have a car so we'll be limited to whatever is on the strip. It'll be my wife, 3y/o and 6y/o girls, and me.

Branson isn't really my scene (I'm not 70 and I can't stand Country music), but I guess it's a fun place? Thoughts on what we should consider?

I'm not 70 and not fond of country music either. However, the impersonators can be really good. I went to a Neil Diamond show a few years back and had a really good time. Dolly Parton's Dixieland Stampede was a good dinner show as well. I haven't been there in a whole lot of years but maybe some of it is still there.

Stopped at the downtown KPLK with weather on the way to Oshkosh two years ago, much closer friendly and they do have a rental car counter...

Wrong guess, Branson is not fun unless you are over 70, Baptist, and like bad country music.

It’s been over 25 years for me, kinda like the place. There will be something in the area of interest for most, always the ‘peripheral’ options when investigated.

I’d just pick the best airport operationally, then Uber or Lyft into town. I try not to rent a car if it is parked most of the time.

Back