Flying The Piaggo P-180 Avanti II

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
The Piaggio P-180 Avanti II, with the Collins Pro-Line 21 and Honeywell FMS 3000.

Oh yeah and this cool red bleeding air switch thing.

6242944208_d754e9a060.jpg

Tonight I got to meet God's Gift To Aviation, pilot Matthew Teller.

I didn't even know SFO had a GA side, so you can imagine what an interesting meeting it was.

As we walked the ramp, Matt heard the sound of a dozen or more kittens. They were trapped inside a plane which was parked but on fire. He rescued all the kittens only to discover there was now a charter jet filled with college football players (USC) that needed to be parked before hittng an unlit hangar at night. Remembering the old days working for FBO's and directing planes, he moved his arms to get the plane going in the right direction and once again saved the day.

Fact? Fiction? If I don't exist does it really matter?

Nah. More like a kitten. Feel free to post your own aviation tall tales - um - I mean the most awesome true stories ever.

Now that I've flown the Piaggo at 21,000 feet I must find a new challenge.

Kim,

You suck,...

Regards,
Rob

That's awesome you could meet Matt and have the chance to sit in the Piaggo! There's one that flies over my hometown every once in a while, very distinct sound.

Definitely Photoshop.

But a very nice-looking Photoshop! :D

The Piaggio P-180 Avanti II, with the Collins Pro-Line 21 and Honeywell FMS 3000.

Oh yeah and this cool red bleeding air switch thing.

6242944208_d754e9a060.jpg

Tonight I got to meet God's Gift To Aviation, pilot Matthew Teller.

I didn't even know SFO had a GA side, so you can imagine what an interesting meeting it was.

As we walked the ramp, Matt heard the sound of a dozen or more kittens. They were trapped inside a plane which was parked but on fire. He rescued all the kittens only to discover there was now a charter jet filled with college football players (USC) that needed to be parked before hittng an unlit hangar at night. Remembering the old days working for FBO's and directing planes, he moved his arms to get the plane going in the right direction and once again saved the day.

Fact? Fiction? If I don't exist does it really matter?

What about that plane full of SMU cheerleaders in distress? :rofl:

I know Spike & the other folks from Texas are too much of a gentleman to complete this sentence....

"An Aggie cheerleader, a Longhorn cheerleader, and an SMU cheerleader walked into a bar...."

:D:D:D

Kim, you would not expected to know this, but that Aggie girl you showed is not an Aggie "cheerleader" per se; the Ags have what are known as "Yell Leaders" and they are all guys.

464px-AggieYellLeader.jpg

You should know - those UT girls were from the "Pom Squad," not cheerleaders.

The cheerleaders don't wear chaps; more's the shame.

And why .... Please tell me why .... Is it that whenever discussion turns to football, cheerleaders, all things sport (except baseball) in Texas that no one mentions my Alma Mater, Rice University? Oh wait. Never mind.

And why .... Please tell me why .... Is it that whenever discussion turns to football, cheerleaders, all things sport (except baseball) in Texas that no one mentions my Alma Mater, Rice University? Oh wait. Never mind.

...probably because they all envy the various Rice grads and their success in changing the world, one act of genius at a time?

I still think Kim is a pimply 14-year old from Minnesota who conned a few of the 6Y9 attendees into helping him pull one over on the rest of us. One can accomplish amazing things with photoshop.

I still think Kim is a pimply 14-year old from Minnesota who conned a few of the 6Y9 attendees into helping him pull one over on the rest of us. One can accomplish amazing things with photoshop.

I just met ANOTHER POA pilot last night (Brian). We fly tomorrow. Then I might meet Mari this weekend. That's Teller, Brian, and Mari, all in less than two weeks.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO BELIEVE IN ME????

PS - Teller was not a 6Y9 attendee. Neither were the last 2 POAers I met before him, nor the pilots I met Saturday at O69 (not online people).

I just met ANOTHER POA pilot last night (Brian). We fly tomorrow. Then I might meet Mari this weekend. That's Teller, Brian, and Mari, all in less than two weeks.

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO BELIEVE IN ME????
You probably want us to believe that we sent men to the moon too, don't you?
conspiracy_theories.png

We have a FBO (AvaintAir) full of those P-180's. They are noisey on the ground and you can hear them on a 4 mile final. A friend works on them, he tells me stories of carbon build up on the props and replacing the door seals for pressure is common.

Back