Flying Season 2012 Ends

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
Well, the cones at 6Y9 are getting put away for another year this weekend... the end of another flying season in Sidnaw. :( I've heard there are a few ski planes that come in during the winter on occasion now, so the windsock may still remain... hopefully, Brad and Diz will post a photo of 6Y9 later this winter. I'd like to see what it looks like when the snow covered trees look like a Christmas card, waiting for the time when we'll all be able to meet up again next summer! :yes: :D

I've had such lousy luck with wx with that trip I might do the next one on a motorcycle.

You might only have to wait until tomorrow for your picture. Another friend who has a place in the UP about an hour east of Sidnaw is up there now and said he got 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow this morning.

You might only have to wait until tomorrow for your picture. Another friend who has a place in the UP about an hour east of Sidnaw is up there now and said he got 3 or 4 inches of fresh snow this morning.

Interesting what a few degrees of latitude make.

attachment.php

Come on down here for the warm and some BBQ!

Attachments

• wx1.jpg
    wx1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 185

attachment.php

I'll be there in two weeks!
But I'm really hoping for something a LOT cooler.

Still, wouldn't mind the BBQ ... Anything worthwhile convenient to DFW and Meadowmere (on Lake Grapevine)?
(I don't usually think Dallas when I think Texas BBQ)

This is when the FIKI season of flying begins in Illinois! Ski Season!

Still, wouldn't mind the BBQ ... Anything worthwhile convenient to DFW and Meadowmere (on Lake Grapevine)?

Yes. There is a Hard 8 BBQ not far from Grapevine. https://www.google.com/search?q=har...793aef29a901853&bpcl=37189454&biw=768&bih=900

If not there, there are lots of other good selections in the area.

Let the rest of us DFW folk know your schedule and we can set something up.

I'm planning my next flying adventure for next summer into Canada and return through MI and Oshkosh. Perhaps I should add 6Y9 to my list of destinations? Fuel and hotel readily available?

80s this week, 30s overnight last weekend camping on the lakebed.
Lower temps into the 70s next week.

I can always do Texas BBQ, Jo-Allen's, Abilene, is it still open?

I'm planning my next flying adventure for next summer into Canada and return through MI and Oshkosh. Perhaps I should add 6Y9 to my list of destinations? Fuel and hotel readily available?

Fuel is a short walk from the runway and the modern cabins are between the runway and the gas station.

(warning, I'm a kidder)

Fuel is a short walk from the runway and the modern cabins are between the runway and the gas station.

(warning, I'm a kidder)

A kidder?
That's exactly how I remember it.

Although, you won't find 100LL in the pumps.

Last edited:
Coming down for a race, so schedule is kinda tight ...
Arriving 2:30pm Friday, and want to be done with dinner by 6:30pm-ish.
Possibly time for brunch on Sunday.

Looks like the Dallas folks will get the opportunity to see several of the PoA members that week. Say "howdy" if you see me leaving DFW as you arrive....

Although, you won't find 100LL in the pumps.

I considered that an insignificant detail left for the reader to determine on their own after arrival...sorta like the rough spots on the taxiway...errr, umm, road to the pumps.

It's snowing here in North Dakota.

That'll happen...and the 'kota isn't going up there to giver yer *ss a ride home just 'cause of a little snow. D*mn texans...

Coming down for a race, so schedule is kinda tight ...
Arriving 2:30pm Friday, and want to be done with dinner by 6:30pm-ish.
Possibly time for brunch on Sunday.

Which race? F1 in Austin?

Let us know your schedule as it firms up.

attachment.php

I just submitted a bid for some testing on the Union Pacific in Bowie, near there. If'n I get the job I may hafta shop for a few auto parts!

That'll happen...and the 'kota isn't going up there to giver yer *ss a ride home just 'cause of a little snow. D*mn texans...

Hey, at least your group is used to it.

Too often if "snow and ice" are even the slightest chance of being a remote possibility in a January forecast, they shut down the northern half of the state.

Which race? F1 in Austin?

Let us know your schedule as it firms up.

F1? Is that cars going in circles? In Austin (which is not Dallas)? :)

No, just a little footrace at Meadowmere park.

I'll only have those few hours on Friday afternoon.
And a few hours on Sunday, 10:00 to 1:00.

Less than ideal, as Mr. White would say.

Back