Flying Quote Question

Warrior

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Warrior
"It is the moral duty of every aviator to fullfill the longing of our countless ancestors who could only gaze skyward and dream."

Saw this as someone's sig on a forum, wondering if anyone knows where it's originally from. Could be the guy made it up himself, but it's in a slightly archaic style.

Can't find it online, (except in "trombair's" sig on PoA) but it may have been misquoted.

Could Trombair or someone else help us with this quote?

Thanks a lot.

I don't have a clue, but if you word it this way a lot of links can be found: "The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward and wish"

It's really interesting to search and see how many different ways "gazing skyward" is used.

Number 30 in this collections:

http://pad39a.com/gene/fighter.html

30. The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward and wish.

In a blog I came across a cross-quote: I’d probably still be gazing skyward wishing someday to slip the surly bonds of earth.

When I was a small boy my eyes would gaze skyward when the sound of an aircraft filled my ears

I find myself gazing skyward and wishing ...

For Everyone Who Has Ever Gazed Skywards -- subtitle of the Aviator's television series

But no, I couldn't find the source of the quote either.

It's really interesting to search and see how many different ways "gazing skyward" is used.

Then there's this really sad quote from the "Schlock Mercenary" online comic:

"STARGAZING: All I see are the lights of a billion places I'll never go...."

Ron Wanttaja

I don't have a clue, but if you word it this way a lot of links can be found: "The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward and wish"

Thanks for the help. There sure are a lot of places that this quote is found!

Back