Flying over a safari wildlife park

Just do a bunch of TnG's to the west and "drag it in" with power....:D

Nothing illegal about that...

For sure. Not something I would feel supremely comfortable doing. One of my business associates started cracking wise about flying over Elk, making a point that there aren't any. Having found some elk just off of the approach end of PCW 27, I was curious about what photographing such a site would be like. I imagine that 1000' wouldn't yield great photos given the magnification and therefore shutter speed required.

Purely theoretical exercise. I am wondering what those with aerial photography experience would say.

Over there people get really crazy if they think you might be a poacher.

For sure. Not something I would feel supremely comfortable doing. One of my business associates started cracking wise about flying over Elk, making a point that there aren't any. Having found some elk just off of the approach end of PCW 27, I was curious about what photographing such a site would be like. I imagine that 1000' wouldn't yield great photos given the magnification and therefore shutter speed required.

Purely theoretical exercise. I am wondering what those with aerial photography experience would say.

I think it would work well. These elk are straight out of the camera and no cropping.

Aerial Elk

That's not bad. 1000' agl? What lens? If I weren't on my phone I could probably ask the photo :)

Ooh. I have an old 30D with an older 70-200 2.8is that my wife will let me borrow. I should go take some real pictures. Will just bring another pilot along!

Back