Flying out to Pittsburgh airport suggestions?

drotto

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
drotto
I am flying from NJ to Pittsburgh on Saturday morning and likely staying overnight Saturday. I was likely going to use Allegheny County Airport (KAGC). any suggestions or advice for this airport?

Other airports close to the city would also be considered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KAGC is the right place. Corporate Air is the FBO.

The geography around Pittsburgh is not good airport real estate so there are fewer good airport options compared to many other places. KAGC is the good one. Don’t ignore KPIT if it’s convenient but it’s a longer trip to Pgh proper.

I fly in there often from NC and grew up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, even PIT isn't right in town. AGC and AFJ have both been good to us on prior visits.

Yeah, I saw ACG is about a 25 minute drive I to town. Will call them today to make sure they have a tie down, and then have to decide to rent a car or just Uber it.

When I did it last year, I flew to KAGC and took an Uber to downtown. It worked fine. The FBO was great.

AGC is definitely best bet for downtown. I would recommend Voyager over Corporate Air, but either should take care of you.

AGC is definitely best bet for downtown. I would recommend Voyager over Corporate Air, but either should take care of you.
Corporate air was great so far. Called them and in 10 minutes they know I was coming. Explained all the fees. Set up a rent car for me. Got me a hotel room.

Classic Art Deco terminal building there. I don’t know what’s in there other than he tower (Voyager?) but they’ve maintained well.

Thanks everyone. It went great. Corporate set everything up for me. Reasonably priced, more or less. I filed both directions since I just got my IFR and wanted to work in the system, even though it was so nice out there was not need to shoot an approach.

Glad it went well.

One thing KAGC ground/clearance routinely doesn’t do used to throw me off. They don’t include the departure frequency in the clearance. Did you notice?

It’s always 119.35 but it’s routinely provided elsewhere.

Back