Flying our own plane to go Paragliding in Santa Barbara

FlyingMonkey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingMonkey
Having a pilot license and an airplane has opened up a world of aviation adventures for our family. We recently flew our own airplane to Santa Barbara to try Paragliding. Had an interesting experience in IMC when my wife started to panic, and then a super fun weekend in Santa Barbara. I continue to love how aviation challenges us and creates personal growth. Hope you enjoy this aviation film I made about the adventure!

After a 20yr gap this is why I got current and am working on my IFR (out of KCMA). Cool story. Thanks for the reminder and motivation.

I really enjoyed the video, my bride even watched it with me. Brought back memories of us parasailing. Your girls did a fantastic job. Fun memories to last a lifetime.

You chose a great school. I’m so impressed with the calm and confident demeanor of everyone who flew. That’s a testament to their instruction as well as their personality. Well done!

I bring my paraglider along on trips all over the world since learning to paraglide almost 10 years ago. Here’s a few clips from Rio, Mexico, Switzerland, Peru, France, Oregon, NY, and more...

I call this video, “Why your next airplane should be a paraglider.”

I noticed atc called you 'Saratoga'. Do you check in that way, or do they call any pa32 Saratoga?

Having a pilot license and an airplane has opened up a world of aviation adventures for our family. We recently flew our own airplane to Santa Barbara to try Paragliding. Had an interesting experience in IMC when my wife started to panic, and then a super fun weekend in Santa Barbara. I continue to love how aviation challenges us and creates personal growth. Hope you enjoy this aviation film I made about the adventure!

Cool. I used to live about a mile from there. Do they still have Hang Gliders or is it all 'chutes' now?

You chose a great school. I’m so impressed with the calm and confident demeanor of everyone who flew. That’s a testament to their instruction as well as their personality. Well done!

I bring my paraglider along on trips all over the world since learning to paraglide almost 10 years ago. Here’s a few clips from Rio, Mexico, Switzerland, Peru, France, Oregon, NY, and more...

You make it sound like Oregon and NY are foreign countries:stirpot:

This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to do.

Just want to chime in to say I really enjoy @FlyingMonkey ‘s videos. Found your channel looking for help with our TruTrak and have watched others. You do a really good job showing how flying can be a fun family activity. Thanks for sharing these!

My youngest really wants to travel the world with a paraglider. Very cool!

I noticed atc called you 'Saratoga'. Do you check in that way, or do they call any pa32 Saratoga?
I usually check in as Cherokee. Sometimes they change it to Saratoga. Usually when I file.

Cool. I used to live about a mile from there. Do they still have Hang Gliders or is it all 'chutes' now?

We saw only paragliders. I'll have to ask Rob and get back to you.

Just want to chime in to say I really enjoy @FlyingMonkey ‘s videos. Found your channel looking for help with our TruTrak and have watched others. You do a really good job showing how flying can be a fun family activity. Thanks for sharing these!
Thank you for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it.

My 4 seat, straight tail Bonanza gets called Debonair all the time. Some ATC friends clued me in - they actually take written tests on this at the academy and are taught to call certain ICAO codes certain things. So, BE33 is Debonair and PA32 is, apparently, Saratoga.

Back