Flying Opportunity

Melting

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Melting
Flying Opportunity - Position Now Filled.

From 26 Aug - 3 SEP I am seeking an individual with a commercial certificate and second class medical to fly right seat in a Cessna Caravan. This is a paid position for a 135 operator. Daily flights primarily from the Bay area to The Burning Man event at Black Rock City. No Previous Caravan or Turbine time required. If you live in the Bay area that would be a plus. If you are trying to build some time, gain some experience or add a reference this may be for you. We expect to be very busy, 50-80 flight hours in the 7-10 days we will be there.
PM me for further info.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you even had to post here. You're likely going to have people climbing over each other to do this!

If I had finished my commercial, I would take off work, pay for transportation, pay for a hotel and do it for free...

:)

If I had finished my commercial, I would take off work, pay for transportation, pay for a hotel and do it for free...

:)

Yeah, but if you think about it, that is kind of the reason that pilot positions pay so poorly.

I knew someone would bring that up.

It's true, however I am not a career pilot. I'd do it for a few weeks at most, then I'd have to go back to my real job to pay the bills.

I suppose it's supply and demand... There's apparently a huge supply and nowhere near enough demand to keep up.

I'd need to have banked tons of money to be able to afford a career as a pilot! :)

Kind of like those ads in the back of the flying mags where you _pay_ for the privilege of being an FO.

How's that for lowering the standard in aviation....flying for free while those of us who fly for a living get to make substandard wages because of those who are willing to step on another's toes for a couple hours of "free" flight time. What an industry...

Great opportunity for an up and coming struggling CFI or banner tower/etc to gain some experience getting PAID as a professional pilot

Last edited:
How's that for lowering the standard in aviation....flying for free while those of us who fly for a living get to make substandard wages because of those who are willing to step on another's toes for a couple hours of "free" flight time. What an industry...

Great opportunity for an up and coming struggling CFI or banner tower/etc to gain some experience getting PAID as a professional pilot

Hard cheese. When did you figure out aviation was like this? Why do you put up with it? :lol:

Sorry, but never pick for a profession a job that folks do as a hobby.

Yeah! Like all those professional golfers...wait nm. How about those people who like to race...wait nm. :confused::lol: I get the statement just struck me as funny.

Yeah! Like all those professional golfers...wait nm. How about those people who like to race...wait nm. :confused::lol: I get the statement just struck me as funny.

And just what does your median golf pro make in terms of money? I'm talking median, not Tiger Woods.

EDIT: Found some numbers:
According to the PGA of America's compensation survey for 2010, PGA head pros made a median of $68,600, with the range from $40,000 to $140,000. Assistant pros who are full PGA members made a median of $37,000, ranging from $22,000 to $59,000. In contrast, assistants who are apprentices made a median of $28,000, with a range of $18,000 to $43,000 per year.
http://golftips.golfsmith.com/average-salary-men-pro-golfers-20330.html

Just like the guys who fly the heavy-iron on long-haul international routes make good money.

If you want to complain about depressed wages, and you're doing a job that folks will gladly do for free, well, you may have found your problem.

Last edited:

Didn't the original post state "paid position"?

And just what does your median golf pro make in terms of money? I'm talking median, not Tiger Woods.

EDIT: Found some numbers:
http://golftips.golfsmith.com/average-salary-men-pro-golfers-20330.html

Just like the guys who fly the heavy-iron on long-haul international routes make good money.

If you want to complain about depressed wages, and you're doing a job that folks will gladly do for free, well, you may have found your problem.

Touche. If only the long-haulers made millions.

I was a photographer before I was a pilot. :D

When I was young I eliminated a lot of things because I thought they would be "boring". Now that I'm older I can see that a lot of professions would have been interesting. I still wouldn't choose according to money, though. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you can maintain what you feel is your standard of living and also put some away you are doing fine.

Thanks to everyone who inquired, We did fill the position with someone from the community here. And no, they are not flying for free.

Thanks to everyone who inquired, We did fill the position with someone from the community here. And no, they are not flying for free.

I'll do it for a penny less then that guy:lol:

Back