Flying Magazine Website

Flyhound

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flyhound
Let me start by saying I subscribe to Flying Magazine, and have for a VERY long time. Even though most of their stories are about aircraft I will never ride in, let alone fly, they have done more to include the lower end of the aviation spectrum in recent years. They've added fun articles about aerobatics, backcountry flying and residential airparks with a lot of low and slow hardware. In addition to enjoying the magazine, I used to get additional information and access to multimedia content from their website. Recently, the Flying website has required watching long advertising videos as a pre-requisite to accessing information on their website. That drives me nuts! I don't mind having access to ads, and sometimes I will click on an ad that offers a product or service I am interested in, but long video ads for things I have NO interest in have chased me away from the Flying website. I'm frustrated enough with the required ad watching that I'm ready to drop my flying magazine subscription and make do with the three other flying periodicals I get each month. So, am I alone in hating these mandatory videos?

I am with you. I don't go to their website anymore.

Not worth the time or effort ,to use the website. The Internet was great for info ,untill it got commercialized. Just another way to turn off the customer base.

Sounds like they're treating the Web site like the magazine - stuff as much advertising in as possible.

If their marketing dept had its **** together, they'd have subscriber/non-subscriber portals where subscribers could log in and not deal with the advertising.

Back