Flying Magazine - anyone know anyone there?

iflyforfun

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iflyforfun
Just made a major error. I purchased Flying Magazine through Apple in-app purchase. Now the app prompts me for login that has never been provided. I call Flying and they actually tell me they can't help me, they don't know anything about their own app, call Apple. Apple simply doesn't exist - no phone number, no app support, nothing. I'm at the point of (a) calling the credit card company to protest the charge, and (b) NEVER subscribing to Flying magazine again.

I know a lot of you here are not big fans of Flying, but I enjoy it. I enjoy I Learned About Flying from That, I enjoy reading about multi-million dollar airplanes that I'll never even get to fly in and I enjoy the various articles. What I don't enjoy is a company that is so friggin' ignorant that they can't support their own customers.

When I threw a rant like this at Kitplanes, someone came forward who new the new editor. Figure maybe someone here can put me through to someone at Bonnier who is not a friggin' idiot like the person who answered the phone when I called.

Thanks,
Jeff

Most magazines don't manage the subscription dept, it's outsourced. Go find a paper copy and look at the bottom of the list where the Publisher, editor, etc are listed. You may have more success with the parent publishing company, Bonnier.

Last edited:
The listing of the app itself on the Apple store (or whatever it is called -- I use Android), should have some sort of contact information for the App itself and a way to send an error report.

For another App I sent in an error report early one Sunday morning and got a response a hour or so later with all the info I needed to correct the error.

Thanks for suggestions. I live in Hong Kong, so picking up a copy isn't as easy as one would think ... but I may try to track one down. The in-app steers you to a Flying Magazine FAQ that only has help if you buy from their website. After getting stuck their, I called Bonnier and that is when they told me "we can't help you, call Apple". Apple has absolutely zero support for apps ...

I called credit card company and the transaction was still pending. I had them pull the authorization and will see how it goes.

Good luck, and hope this helps. Your situation sounds frustrating. From the January, 2014 issue of Flying Magazine (in incredibly tiny type):

flyingmag.com/cs
386-246-0411
800-678-0979
flying@emailcustomerservice.com

Flying
PO Box 420235
Palm Coast, FL 32142-0235

Just made a major error. I purchased Flying Magazine through Apple in-app purchase. Now the app prompts me for login that has never been provided. I call Flying and they actually tell me they can't help me, they don't know anything about their own app, call Apple. Apple simply doesn't exist - no phone number, no app support, nothing. I'm at the point of (a) calling the credit card company to protest the charge, and (b) NEVER subscribing to Flying magazine again.

I know a lot of you here are not big fans of Flying, but I enjoy it. I enjoy I Learned About Flying from That, I enjoy reading about multi-million dollar airplanes that I'll never even get to fly in and I enjoy the various articles. What I don't enjoy is a company that is so friggin' ignorant that they can't support their own customers.

When I threw a rant like this at Kitplanes, someone came forward who new the new editor. Figure maybe someone here can put me through to someone at Bonnier who is not a friggin' idiot like the person who answered the phone when I called.

Thanks,
Jeff

Did you just subscribe? Try this:
* Follow the instructions in this link (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098)
* You might find your subscription is set to start in the future
* you can also get more support specific to ipad from Bonnier here (http://www.bonniercorp.com/ipadsupport/)

Back