Flying-Lessons-Pilot-Your-Life

Forgive me, but it sounds utterly dreadful. To each his (or her) own, I guess.

While most of these books aren't for me, I at least like the premise.

I have found that many thinking habits I learned in instrument flying and in becoming a CFI have proven useful in other parts of life.

Just last week I told a friend who was having trouble focusing... "Right Rudder, Right Rudder" and it gave her a smile and made things better.

Oooh, I wanna play with the Biography on Amazon...

Here's the original.

Biography
Pamela Hale, M.A.,is author of the award-winning book, Flying Lessons: How to Be the Pilot of Your Own Life--the story of getting her private pilot's license in her late 50's and the lessons we can all use in our lives. Founder of Through A Different Lens, Pam helps spiritually-oriented people to move from transition to transformation by giving them powerful, practical tools for healing, transformation and accelerated evolution. Educated at Stanford and Columbia Universities, Pam has created a unique body of work woven from her varied experiences as a teacher, life coach and spiritual counselor, photographer, fundraiser, consultant to non-profits, and shamanic practitioner. She offers workshops, retreats and teleclasses, private sessions and intensives, and is a popular speaker and guest on radio. She lives in Tucson, Arizona with her husband Jon Trachta.

Here's my corrected version...

Biography
Pamela Hale, M.A., who has a Master's Degree and wants you to know it, slacker, is author of the award-winning [note we don't say what award or who awarded it...] book, Flying Lessons: How to Be the Pilot of Your Own Life--the story of getting her private pilot's license in her late 50's and the lessons we can all use in our lives if you had the money and time and were as cool as her. Founder of Through A Different Lens, Pam acts like she helps sappy, overly-emotional people to move from sitting on their asses reading her book to sitting on their asses reading the next self-help book by describing BS for healing, which of course, has nothing to do with flying or the fact that they're sitting on the couch reading the book, transformation into a self-help book addicted couch-potato and accelerated evolution. (We made that last one up, most of you probably think there's a way to speed up evolution and we're probably going to get away with that BS.) Educated at Stanford and Columbia Universities, Pam has to write this stuff to pay off her student-loans, so she created a book of stories woven from her lack of a solid career direction as a teacher, life coach and spiritual counselor, photographer, fundraiser, consultant to non-profits, and shamanic practitioner. Because everyone eventually wants their career to have ten jobs and end up a self-pronounced shaman. She's so cool! Here's where she makes her real money, she offers workshops, retreats and teleclasses, private sessions and intensives, which this entire book is an advertisement for, so it can lose money as a faux-literary work and still bring her success, and is a popular speaker and guest on radio, every Sunday when all the other paid-commercial scam shows are on, in a generally dead media format that's so desperate they let folks like her, buy blocks of airtime to pitch their self-help classes, right after those guys who talk excitedly about annuities and that restaurant show. She lives in Tucson, Arizona with her husband Jon Trachta, some guy you've never heard of nor care about, so we don't know why we even mentioned him. If you Google him, you'll find he's a legal mediator, so his skills probably come in handy when folks realize they paid way too much for this self-help BS.

Unfortunately, we authors have to promote our works, which means spinning them as best we can on sites like Amazon. I did a very poor job of this, my first book did win an award (a very, very small one, I have a certificate somewhere in the Steinholme) and is thus deserving of the monikker "award winning"). I suppose I will have to tout my own credentials when promoting the second as well. I truly despise doing this, I have no difficulty talking up my work, but a great deal talking up myself. But my publisher has put in a great deal of resources to bring my work to market showing great confidence in my and my book; I will do all I can to aid them no matter how personally distasteful.

Oooh, I wanna play with the Biography on Amazon...

Here's the original.

Biography
Pamela Hale, M.A.,is author of the award-winning book, Flying Lessons: How to Be the Pilot of Your Own Life--the story of getting her private pilot's license in her late 50's and the lessons we can all use in our lives. Founder of Through A Different Lens, Pam helps spiritually-oriented people to move from transition to transformation by giving them powerful, practical tools for healing, transformation and accelerated evolution. Educated at Stanford and Columbia Universities, Pam has created a unique body of work woven from her varied experiences as a teacher, life coach and spiritual counselor, photographer, fundraiser, consultant to non-profits, and shamanic practitioner. She offers workshops, retreats and teleclasses, private sessions and intensives, and is a popular speaker and guest on radio. She lives in Tucson, Arizona with her husband Jon Trachta.

Here's my corrected version...

Biography
Pamela Hale, M.A., who has a Master's Degree and wants you to know it, slacker, is author of the award-winning [note we don't say what award or who awarded it...] book, Flying Lessons: How to Be the Pilot of Your Own Life--the story of getting her private pilot's license in her late 50's and the lessons we can all use in our lives if you had the money and time and were as cool as her. Founder of Through A Different Lens, Pam acts like she helps sappy, overly-emotional people to move from sitting on their asses reading her book to sitting on their asses reading the next self-help book by describing BS for healing, which of course, has nothing to do with flying or the fact that they're sitting on the couch reading the book, transformation into a self-help book addicted couch-potato and accelerated evolution. (We made that last one up, most of you probably think there's a way to speed up evolution and we're probably going to get away with that BS.) Educated at Stanford and Columbia Universities, Pam has to write this stuff to pay off her student-loans, so she created a book of stories woven from her lack of a solid career direction as a teacher, life coach and spiritual counselor, photographer, fundraiser, consultant to non-profits, and shamanic practitioner. Because everyone eventually wants their career to have ten jobs and end up a self-pronounced shaman. She's so cool! Here's where she makes her real money, she offers workshops, retreats and teleclasses, private sessions and intensives, which this entire book is an advertisement for, so it can lose money as a faux-literary work and still bring her success, and is a popular speaker and guest on radio, every Sunday when all the other paid-commercial scam shows are on, in a generally dead media format that's so desperate they let folks like her, buy blocks of airtime to pitch their self-help classes, right after those guys who talk excitedly about annuities and that restaurant show. She lives in Tucson, Arizona with her husband Jon Trachta, some guy you've never heard of nor care about, so we don't know why we even mentioned him. If you Google him, you'll find he's a legal mediator, so his skills probably come in handy when folks realize they paid way too much for this self-help BS.

Thats hillarious, Nate. You should start a website/blog where you just translate BS on people's bios, resumes, etc.

Thats hillarious, Nate. You should start a website/blog where you just translate BS on people's bios, resumes, etc.

Perhaps he could translate his own signature here on PoA:
Nate Duehr, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane
N1279M KAPA C-182P Robertson STOL
States Where I've Flown as PIC​

Perhaps he could translate his own signature here on PoA:
Nate Duehr, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane
N1279M KAPA C-182P Robertson STOL
States Where I've Flown as PIC​

Haha.... Okay...

Crazy dude who flies for recreation only and slacker according to every Commercial Pilot on the planet, who decided to get an instrument rating so he could take unnecessary risks, [that's a joking nod to another thread going on right now], and describes his airplane with a bunch of letters and numbers that make it look cooler than the nice solid spamcan that it really is, and who couldn't avoid following the crowd here and making one of those silly maps, even though no one cares where other people have gone.

That cover it? ;) ;) ;)

A man's gotta know his limitations. :)

Back