Flying is fun.

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
It's true, I confirmed this yesterday. :yes:

After not flying for a month I spent 1.1 going in rectangles around my field and loved every minute of it. Plane was running smooth, eman1200 was on his A game. There was a dude hanging out watching the whole time....when I parked the plane and walked by, the guy said "did you have to grease EVERY one?!?". I laughed, because I knew I had (although there was very little wind) but it was good to hear.

Ongoing 'possible t-storms' all around this area preventing me from actually going anywhere (comfortably) but I got my fix with a lil pattern work.

:yes: :goofy: :goofy: :yes:

You're right. It can be fun.

In fact, I think I'll go have some fun this afternoon. :)

Glad you enjoyed it. Great day weather wise today so did some young eagle flights.

I think everyone should do their best to confirm my findings today or tomorrow if possible. Maybe try to bring someone along with you who's never flown before who can also confirm.

Yes it is. Went up last night, shot some approaches with a buddy and did my 3 to remain night current. What a fun night!

You're right. It can be fun.

In fact, I think I'll go have some fun this afternoon. :)

that sounds like fun!

Glad you enjoyed it. Great day weather wise today so did some young eagle flights.

that sounds like fun!

Yes it is. Went up last night, shot some approaches with a buddy and did my 3 to remain night current. What a fun night!

that sounds like fun!

Nice weather here in the NE. I flew 6 young eagles today. It also included a hour and a half transit to and back.

that sounds like fun!

I think everyone should do their best to confirm my findings today or tomorrow if possible. Maybe try to bring someone along with you who's never flown before who can also confirm.

Do 4 dogs count?

Flew a PNP mission Denton to Dalhart today. Another chance to work on crosswind landings in the Texas Panhandle. Then a long ride against a headwind coming back. Having the stratus2 really helped with some weather decisions.

5.6 total for the book. Recently crossed 210 hrs total. Not long before I'll have the club's requirement of 200 hrs PIC so I can fly the V35.

Not even making this up.

Yesterday I flew 77 miles to get BBQ from a restaurant that has a store that is a 10 min drive away.

Today I flew from Dallas to Arkansas to eat lunch at Pizza Hut.

I really don't care too much for the long trips but It means I get to fly with my dad who is mission driven or the wife who wants to fly to dinner. That stuff is fun for making memories and whatnot but I could spend an entire day in the pattern.

IMO landing an airplane is the highlight of any flight
Flying is a lot of logic and science. Landing is art.

Bryan beat me to it, but like he said, we flew for BBQ on Friday evening, and it was so much fun! Great weather, and so cool to go eat dinner 80 miles from home, just because we can. Food was good, and they had some guy playing music, and he was good too. Very fun little evening!

I flew most of the way back, and he turned off the GPS and made me fly the heading. I really feel like things are starting to click as I fly, and I am learning to focus on more than the magenta line. He let me get into the pattern and get us on final, then I got to pull us back up for the touch and go.

This was my first flight in about a month, and I was starting to get the itch to go. Pricy hobby, but it's so much fun!

There is nothing else quite like flying. Glad you enjoyed your BBQ, and it is pricey, but what else could you do with your money that would be so enjoyable!

Bryan beat me to it, but like he said, we flew for BBQ on Friday evening, and it was so much fun! Great weather, and so cool to go eat dinner 80 miles from home, just because we can. Food was good, and they had some guy playing music, and he was good too. Very fun little evening!

I flew most of the way back, and he turned off the GPS and made me fly the heading. I really feel like things are starting to click as I fly, and I am learning to focus on more than the magenta line. He let me get into the pattern and get us on final, then I got to pull us back up for the touch and go.

This was my first flight in about a month, and I was starting to get the itch to go. Pricy hobby, but it's so much fun!

Mrs. 6PC, THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!

Where in AR did you go? To LIT you talking 2-3 hours. That must be some good pie.

Where in AR did you go? To LIT you talking 2-3 hours. That must be some good pie.

One of our club members went from Denton, TX, to Destin, FL, in the V35 just to get some fried shrimp. But in his defense, he said they were bigger than jumbo, big serving, and very good.

Plus he needed the XC time for a rating.

Nah we just wanted to see some different terrain. The photo doesn't do it justice. Was in Mena Arkansas. Didn't fly for the pizza that just looked like the safest place to eat in that town.

10469204_10204269745050715_3324446509052308122_n.jpg

I flew 8 hours in the Stinson yesterday with my two youngest kids. We went from Kccb to O22 (columbia) for a Stinson fly in. Then we decided to fly to Harris ranch for burgers. After that we went to Paso Robles, Morro Bay, flew down the coast to Camarillo then flew back to KCCB. Hell of a day and I was tired. Had a great time with the kids and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

I flew 8 hours in the Stinson yesterday with my two youngest kids. We went from Kccb to O22 (columbia) for a Stinson fly in. Then we decided to fly to Harris ranch for burgers. After that we went to Paso Robles, Morro Bay, flew down the coast to Camarillo then flew back to KCCB. Hell of a day and I was tired. Had a great time with the kids and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

I have to say, that sounds like FUN!

..., and it is pricey, but what else could you do with your money that would be so enjoyable!

So true... :D:yes: I am glad, we share the hobby - the only drawback is, you have to share the time in the left seat... ;) BUT, we usually don't have to argue how to spent the weekend or vacation. :D

Planning on flying an hour of rectangles around my airport tomorrow as well. Flying the pattern is so soothing to me. I get in a rhythm and really push myself to land better. Love it!

Back