Flying into Maine's Newest Airport

Just getting around to my inbox tonight, and it was linked in Friday's ePilot e-mail.

Congrats on the photo credits, HR. The wide-angle shot of the ramp with all those planes is gorgeous. Love that blue sky!

Thanks. Jill contacted me and said that she'd be sharing a flight in a friend's plane and that AOPA wouldn't be sending a full crew w/ cameras. The request was made to use my photos. Actually, there were three panorama shots within the bunch of images I sent to her. All three of the panoramas are below, going from right to left in the scan.

I asked Steve Levesque if I could get onto the roof of Hangar 6. There's an observation spot but insurance regulations prohibited the action. Instead, when I saw the fuel truck I asked the driver if a could climb up the ladder and stand atop the truck. Request granted, so the shots were better than your basic "knee-level" perspectives across the wide area.

HR

Clarification: The "right" picture appears at left, below; and the "left" picture appears at right, below. I'm not confused, it's just the order in which they posted.

Attachments

• KBXM Pan1.jpg
    KBXM Pan1.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 12
  • KBXM Pan2.jpg
    KBXM Pan2.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 9
  • KBXM Pan3.jpg
    KBXM Pan3.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back