Flying into KC Downtown?

TulsaWeather

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TulsaWeather
Best place to dump off a passenger?
(on edit, might be better in the cool places subforum, sorry)

Last edited:
They typically have pretty competitive fuel prices too...a city run self serve island IIRC.

Be very wary of ramp fees if just dropping a pax... call ahead.

Go to hanger ten to drop off pax. Park and Refuel next door at the city run self serve. I was never charged a ramp fee there. Hanger ten is designed for the big boys so you'd probably get less evil looks if you park back a little bit. You'll usually see a Cherokee or Cessna tied down where I park. Im not sure where the museum is in relation.

I park at signature one two two times a month at mkc. I usually buy 20 gal or so (they waive the fee if you buy 7 gal in a small plane). Great service and crew cars. Often keep the car a little over 24 hours. Nothing against Hanger 10, just haven't used them.

Jim

I guess they aren't the most expensive in town, they are only 7.02 a gallon. Signature at MCI has them beat at 7.73.

Just know what you are getting, and where you are going. YOu can ask the tower for progressive taxi to the city pumps/parking, and you will get right there..

Be sure to check the notams. I was there a couple of weeks ago and 3/21 was closed along with some taxiways.

Jim

Flew into MKC and used Hangar 10(now Atlantic I hear). Didn't charge me a ramp fee when I flew in, but I didn't really have a reason to approach the front desk since I was just picking someone up. Really nice facility. Gassed up at the city fuel farm to save some coin. On the airport diagram it is the little black dot next to the hangars between E and L3 taxiways.

Plus the fuel farm is convenient if you are parking at Atlantic. Signature is on the other side of the airport.

Last edited:
Flew into MKC and used Hangar 10(now Atlantic I hear). Didn't charge me a ramp fee when I flew in, but I didn't really have a reason to approach the front desk since I was just picking someone up. Really nice facility. Gassed up at the city fuel farm to save some coin. On the airport diagram it is the little black dot next to the hangars between E and L3 taxiways.

Plus the fuel farm is convenient if you are parking at Atlantic. Signature is on the other side of the airport.

I've never been charged a ramp fee when I stop there for fuel then pop in to use the bathroom at Hangar10/Atlantic which is just to the north of the fuel farm.

It is a stunning approach at night if you're landing to the north you get a great view of KC downtown as you come in. Just make sure (as in all night landings) that you stay on your glide slope since there are lots of obstacles you could bump into...

There is no ramp free, Hangar 10 is great.

It's Atlantic Aviation now, just something to consider.

Ah yes, forgot about that, been there since they made that change. I asked if anything was going to change with the new name and they said "no". We shall see.

There are all sorts of fees on the Signature side...

I used the services at Atlantic earlier this year. The line guys marshaled me to a spot on the city ramp next door. They even took the time to clean a birds nest out of a plane parked behind me even though it wasn't their responsibility.

Surprised Atlantic doesn't charge a ramp fee at MKC...At TUL, they charge $40...worth it for me, as I love their service! (at TUL)...

MKC is a gem. I drove past it the other day and 3/21 was still shut down. But the 1/19 approach is prettier anyway.

Taking off to the south and turning eastbound north of the buildings is pretty cool.

But final approach to the north below the tops of the buildings is pretty cool, too.

Great advice all. Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Back