Flying Into KAVP. Restaurant Suggestions?

jordane93

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jordan
doing a shortish flight to wilkes barre tomorrow morning and looking to get some lunch. so far ive looked on trip advisor and there are a butt load of italian restaurants which im not really in the mood for. recommend me something thats good and relatively cheap (<$20). no sushi places please! lets hear it locals

Are you a big fan of "The Office?" You could visit one of the Scranton restaurants mentioned in the show just for kicks (Cooper's Seafood, Poor Richard's, etc).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Downtown Deli in Scranton is a good lunch spot. Doc Magrogan's Oyster House near Montage is excellent. Either way you'll need a car. The FBO has a crew car that you may be able to borrow.

There is a restaurant in the terminal that we visit for lunch or breakfast too. It's not bad.

Great airport! Have fun.

thanks for the suggestions guys! i hear the FBO is relatively new as well

Abe's Deli in Scranton. I also hear there is a good pizza shop nearby.

I ended up not going because of weather and i didn't want to file IFR. instead we flew to 26N in jersey. it was a nice little uncontrolled field with a great restaurant on site and the town was literally a minute walk, as was the beach

If you want to fly someplace with a restaurant, there are much better places than AVP. IPT, LNS, N40 all come to mind.

If you want to fly someplace with a restaurant, there are much better places than AVP. IPT, LNS, N40 all come to mind.
i wasn't flying there specifically for a restaurant. I just had off today and the whole day free so i figured I'd go somewhere to eat. Usually all i have time to do is land, get fuel, and head back

Blairstown (1N7) has a nice little place to eat on-field.

Back