Flying into Charlotte NC

dennyleeb

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
7DeltaBravo
My hotel is closer to KCLT so I was thinking of flying into there but I see most GA pilots use Concord. I will be coming in on IFR flight plan. Probably about mid afternoon next tuesday. Any suggestions? I have heard Willsons FBO is very good.

Wilson is friendly to GA. Charlotte can be busy during the US Airways pushes (I'm not sure when but if nobody volunteers, call Wilson and ask). I normally don't go into there because my private strip is right at the north edge of the class B.

For slow times, see http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...ato/atct/clt/documents/airport_slow_times.pdf

Depending on where your business meeting is, Concord (KJQF), Monroe (KEQY) or Rock Hill (KUZA) will be faster. KEQY has the lowest fuel prices in the area at their self serve. KEQY has lengthened the runway, but has not gotten the ILS and approach lights back in service yet. They have good LPV approaches. KJQF has a tower and has LPV and ILS approaches. KUZA has an ILS and LPV.

My hotel is closer to KCLT so I was thinking of flying into there but I see most GA pilots use Concord. I will be coming in on IFR flight plan. Probably about mid afternoon next tuesday. Any suggestions? I have heard Willsons FBO is very good.

I suggest CLT or Concord...depending on your itinerary...either will work just fine....

CLT is a non event...Wilson's rocks...

Concord rocks...you can get cars there...service is super...

I am thinking I will go to CLT because it looks like our room is booked at the Shearton there at the airport. I will probably just try to find the best time in the afternoon to get in.

Even at peek times, I have never had any issues getting in to Charlotte. If you are IFR, it shouldn't be an issue.

Even at peek times, I have never had any issues getting in to Charlotte. If you are IFR, it shouldn't be an issue.

I just hate holds, I was not that good at non-published holds on my checkride two years ago and i have not improved

If you do fly into KCLT, please submit a claim on Operation: Fly for it. Its difficult getting claims on the various Class B airports, and it would be nice to be able to knock this one off the list.

All you need is to grab a piece of paper, write "Operation Fly" on it, and take a picture of something from the ramp with the paper visible, then submit it at operationfly.com.

Or, if you have an Android Device, you can download the Operation Fly app and just snap a picture with it.

If you do fly into KCLT, please submit a claim on Operation: Fly for it. Its difficult getting claims on the various Class B airports, and it would be nice to be able to knock this one off the list.

All you need is to grab a piece of paper, write "Operation Fly" on it, and take a picture of something from the ramp with the paper visible, then submit it at operationfly.com.

Or, if you have an Android Device, you can download the Operation Fly app and just snap a picture with it.

yeah should not be a problem, neither one of my home airports have been represented either

Back