Flying in Lafayette Indiana

F-GCRU

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mehdi
Some months left since my last post, but now I'm here again :cool:
Still studying CS, and flying the famous C172 all above the Picardie, the Champagne Ardenne and the Normandie ( flying over Paris is forbidden for VFR ). :cool:

Nice to announce I'll be in the US the next year : I've been accepted at Purdue for an exchange year, no any fee to pay :D

I'm ready to make U.S. girls attracted to my French Lover / Aviator / Biker profiles, but I'm also looking to fly there. And to get the IR because it's easier in America than in Europe. :)

I saw Purdue had an Airport :eek:unthinkable in France. And a FBO there. Do some people have listened about Purdue Aviation ??

Thanks,

Please mind that if you have an EASA license, it will take some work to get your FAA IR to EASA IR. I think you need to do something like 3 theoretical exames + 10hr sim + 5hr plane.

Purdue has a very good aviation program. They also have a club you can participate in if you’re affiliated with the University that might be lower cost.

I have flown there a few times. Nice airport. Prices don't seem unusual, may be a tad bit higher than rural midwest prices. If getting an instrument rating, be sure to make a few trips into busy terminal areas, such as Chicago. Around here we always get cleared as filed, and it is easy to become lazy when copying clearances.

Please mind that if you have an EASA license, it will take some work to get your FAA IR to EASA IR. I think you need to do something like 3 theoretical exames + 10hr sim + 5hr plane.

Don't need an EASA IR, I plan to move definitively to the US :cool:

Purdue has a very good aviation program. They also have a club you can participate in if you’re affiliated with the University that might be lower cost.

I was looking for a Part 61 flying club. Thank you very much.

I have flown there a few times. Nice airport. Prices don't seem unusual, may be a tad bit higher than rural midwest prices. If getting an instrument rating, be sure to make a few trips into busy terminal areas, such as Chicago. Around here we always get cleared as filed, and it is easy to become lazy when copying clearances.

Chicago ?? :eek::eek:
Are you talking about Midway Class C, Gary, DuPage??

Back