Flying in College

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate all of the help. You guys have some great ideas that I would not have thought of!

Yes “Mommy and Daddy” will be helping with the bill. My family actually works hard at our jobs, rather than wasting our time picking on high school kids on the internet.

Haaa, funny. Does your house have a lanai by chance...?

If you're getting ready for college, learning to spell might help. It's 'license', not whatever you spelled...

And surprisingly no one mentioned it's a CERTIFICATE, not a license.

Yes “Mommy and Daddy” will be helping with the bill. My family actually works hard at our jobs, rather than wasting our time picking on high school kids on the internet.

^^^ Nice one. You'll be just fine, kid.

It's great to learn to fly. But I think as some here have pointed out, it's not reliable. The weather I mean.
In fact my flying club just had a pretty thought provoking "review night" for all pilots and were talking about the danger of flying VFR into IMC conditions. I don't know how far along you are, but VFR is having to have certain weather minimum (how cloudy, how far you can see, distance from clouds, etc.) because you have to see the horizon. It's VERY dangerous for a VFR pilot to fly into weather that is not meeting these minimums.
So here's the thing. A lot of deadly accidents have happened when a pilot (experienced or not) gets the mindset that they "have to fly there now". It's called get-there-itis.

So my main concern, besides that learning to fly also requires ground school and lots of time, lot of knowledge you have to gain, but forget all that. A new pilot, planning on using the plane he bought to get home on a given weekend will be very tempted to justify the plane purchase, and possibly fly in weather that they ought not. You just really can't (in most places) expect to use a plane as actual transportation no matter what. Weather doesn't follow a plan.

But good luck! I WISH I had started learning to fly when I was your age!

Best Interwebs post I've seen in my LIFE!!

Back