Flying in Bonaire

flav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
David
My daughter and I are going on a dive trip to Bonaire in July of next year and after watching the YouTube video below
I decided that a trip around the island from the air would be a nice way to start our vacation.

Is there anyone familiar enough with Bonaire to tell me if you can rent a Cessna on the island as a non-resident?

Generally in those touristic flying I've found it's usually easier to grab an instructor for some "instruction". You still get to sit in the left seat but you have all the advice of the local as to navigation, etc.... and they're going to make you checkout anyhow.

It's only if I had a need to make several flights that I'd really worried about getting checked out for going solo.

I've spent a few weeks diving off Bonaire. The shelf diving is spectacular. Never did any flying there however. A quick google search yielded this:

http://www.bonaeroclub.com/aboutus.html
Thanks for the link...

Generally in those touristic flying I've found it's usually easier to grab an instructor for some "instruction". You still get to sit in the left seat but you have all the advice of the local as to navigation, etc.... and they're going to make you checkout anyhow.

It's only if I had a need to make several flights that I'd really worried about getting checked out for going solo.
Going by the website, I think you are absolutely correct.
It will be cheaper to either take a lesson or sightseeing flight.

If I rent on my own it will cost me $440 plus landing fees($220 for check-out and and another $220 per hour to fly it).

Sightseeing is $250 for one hour and three passengers.

ha. this thread caught my attention b/c I live next to Bonaire, Georgia. That's not my Bonaire. lol.

Back