Flying in and out on Wednesday

charheep

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
charheep
I can only do a day trip to Osh Kosh this year. I am planning on flying in early and then leaving after the regular air show and before the night air show.

When I flew in 2 years ago, the regular air show had gone long and ended around 7pm. If that happens again, that doesnt give me much time to get out before the 8pm closing time.

Is this a realistic plan?
-sitting in the plane by 6pm and starting up and taxiing asap or will it be too much hassle with everyone else trying to do the same thing? Last thing I want to do is sleep all night in a Warrior if the air show goes long and there isnt time to get out before 8pm.

any one have any insight or experience trying this?

When I've wanted to leave after the airshow, I just made sure everything was packed and fueled before it started. As soon as I see the last act almost done, I would walk to the plane and get ready. I'm airborne about 20 min after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I've wanted to leave after the airshow, I just made sure everything was packed and fueled before it started. As soon as I see the last act almost done, I would walk to the plane and get ready. I'm airborne about 20 min after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I thought, just wanted to verify.

Thanks!

Yeah, if the weather is good your plan should work fine. You get all ready then crank as soon as departure ATIS starts to radiate. I see some guys pull their plane out to block the isle. I guess that's O.K as long as one cranks right away, not off to the porta potty.

I have been as early as number 6 or so to depart, if I'm really working it. I think you will usually have over 1.5 hours with the field open, after the show.

If the weather looks iffy, try Fond Du Lac.

Back