flying in a newer Citabria next week

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Hi Gang
Well its been 9 months since I have flown in a tailwheel. The Citabria I had been flying N55CW was wrecked last Jan and my freind and a student died in the crash. Since that time there have been no tailwheels on the field to rent. Just got a call from the FBO that owned 55CW that they now have a 2003 Citabria on line for rent. Next week I'm going up to knock some of the rust off with the owner and to have some fun. I can't wait to open that window and do some slips down to the landing zone.

Regards Mike

flykelley said:
Hi Gang
Well its been 9 months since I have flown in a tailwheel. The Citabria I had been flying N55CW was wrecked last Jan and my freind and a student died in the crash. Since that time there have been no tailwheels on the field to rent. Just got a call from the FBO that owned 55CW that they now have a 2003 Citabria on line for rent. Next week I'm going up to knock some of the rust off with the owner and to have some fun. I can't wait to open that window and do some slips down to the landing zone.

Regards Mike

That's Fabolous to Hear! Say Hi to Barry for me and take a pic of the new plane, I'd love to see it. (FYI, if you haven't flown with him, you'll almost think it was Geno in the back seat when he laughes... same laugh.) I SO need to fly a tailwheel agian too. Humm, I'll be in town for a very long T-day weekend (9 days). I'll have to get some time with him! Does he have a new instructor or will he be doing all the instruction at PTK too? Did he end up keeping 5RB for Lapeer or is she still on the block? I'm not sure if Barry know what happend to me, feel free to let him know why I haven't been calling for a lesson! I'll have to make sure Liz and Carolyn know there's a new plane at PTK.

Missa (Melissa)

Missa said:
That's Fabolous to Hear! Say Hi to Barry for me and take a pic of the new plane, I'd love to see it. (FYI, if you haven't flown with him, you'll almost think it was Geno in the back seat when he laughes... same laugh.) I SO need to fly a tailwheel agian too. Humm, I'll be in town for a very long T-day weekend (9 days). I'll have to get some time with him! Does he have a new instructor or will he be doing all the instruction at PTK too? Did he end up keeping 5RB for Lapeer or is she still on the block? I'm not sure if Barry know what happend to me, feel free to let him know why I haven't been calling for a lesson! I'll have to make sure Liz and Carolyn know there's a new plane at PTK.

Missa (Melissa)
Hi Missa
I will tell Barry you said Hi,He does have a new instructor in PTK but the plane will be based at D95 tell he gets everything setup down here. He is going to keep it at Aviation Station, thats where the new guy works. Yes get the word out that Barry has a new plane now. 5RB jusy got a new engine, had some metal in the oil and is now up for sale. When he sells 5RB Barry will buying another Citabria to keep at D95. Its the same rate as 55CW. When you get up here for T-day let me know and maybe we will do some flying. I have a Archer that we can fly and of course the new Citabria at D95.

Regards Mike

flykelley said:
Hi Missa
I will tell Barry you said Hi,He does have a new instructor in PTK but the plane will be based at D95 tell he gets everything setup down here. He is going to keep it at Aviation Station, thats where the new guy works. Yes get the word out that Barry has a new plane now. 5RB jusy got a new engine, had some metal in the oil and is now up for sale. When he sells 5RB Barry will buying another Citabria to keep at D95. Its the same rate as 55CW. When you get up here for T-day let me know and maybe we will do some flying. I have a Archer that we can fly and of course the new Citabria at D95.

Regards Mike

Cool, Ok, I jumped the gun and told my freinds it was at PTK. But glad to hear it will be there. With 5RB at D95 I just assumed when you haddn't flown since Jan that it was because you weren't up to traveling to D95. (what a haul!)

I'll be in MI sometime on the 22nd. Weather will dictate my arrival time and method of transportation. If it's flyable I'll have an archer, arriving mid day to early afternoon. If it's not flyable I'll be in my car arriving in the evening. I'll be keeping the plane at 1D2 while I'm there and can either meet you at an airport or borrow Ma's car.

Have lots of fun flying the Citabra and know that I am envyous!

Missa

Missa said:
Cool, Ok, I jumped the gun and told my freinds it was at PTK. But glad to hear it will be there. With 5RB at D95 I just assumed when you haddn't flown since Jan that it was because you weren't up to traveling to D95. (what a haul!)

I'll be in MI sometime on the 22nd. Weather will dictate my arrival time and method of transportation. If it's flyable I'll have an archer, arriving mid day to early afternoon. If it's not flyable I'll be in my car arriving in the evening. I'll be keeping the plane at 1D2 while I'm there and can either meet you at an airport or borrow Ma's car.

Have lots of fun flying the Citabra and know that I am envyous!

Missa
Thanks Missa I need to have some fun, its been awhile and Im so looking foward to it.

Regards Mike

Missa
It was blast, real windy today so that made me work but I flew for 1.5 hrs with Barry. He said to call him.

Regards Mike

Attachments

• n57ac 004.jpg
    n57ac 004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Here is one more.

Attachments

• n57ac 001.jpg
    n57ac 001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Wow! What a Beautiful Bird!!!! or should I say Bumble Bee!

Missa

Missa said:
Wow! What a Beautiful Bird!!!! or should I say Bumble Bee!

Missa
Yea the old Bumble Bee sure is fun to fly. I do have to say that 15-20 knt crosswind today kicked my butt. I sure had to work those rudder petal to keep her lined up on the center line. It was good to get back in a tailwheel.

Regards Mike

Back