Flying Gloves- What to Buy?

I see AF style nomex gloves for under $20 on google shopping and apparently there is a summer weight. That's probably what I would go with.
While AF style Nomex are not necessarily appropriate for the OPs use I would suggest looking for Army Armor Crewman gloves if you do purchase nomex. I still have and use my 8 or 9 year old Army issued nomex tanker gloves while the AF style come apart at the fingertips fairly quickly and usually only last a few weeks.

YMMV because I use the gloves for everything from controlling the weapons systems to working on the tracks. If you only wear them while flying, the AF gloves will last but if you wear them for conducting MX or loading gear or anything else, the black palmed ones are the way to go.

What I got issued in the military and what I still use at work today. Generally last me about 5 years. Not good for iPads unless you get the modified fingers.

https://www.nomexgloves.com/

Another thing to keep in mind is that once you put the gloves on they are now your skin. If you touch a contaminated surface with a gloved hand and touch your face the gloves have done nothing to help you. If you contaminate the gloves and then touch your personal items i.e. headphones, sunglasses, hat, car keys, etc, with the gloves on, once you take the gloves off and touch the contaminated item the gloves haven't protected you.

I have my own opinions about their requirement but mom said if I didn't have anything nice to say ... :confused:
well said....

Golf gloves. Buy a left and right.
The nitril gloves make my hands run water with in the minute.

Thanks for the specificity (/sarcasm)

fwiw - may I suggest that you go to a motorcycle shop and try on some light-weight gloves. (or an auto parts store) (or the golf gloves). That's probably quicker than online ordering only to find out you don't like the pair you purchased.

Do you deal with any touch-screens? My I-things don't like gloves. Cutting a hole in one or two finger prints would sort of negate the effectiveness of the glove, but might at least help you comply with the requirements. Just don't scratch your face with the finger with the hole in the glove.

Do you deal with any touch-screens? My I-things don't like gloves. Cutting a hole in one or two finger prints would sort of negate the effectiveness of the glove, but might at least help you comply with the requirements. Just don't scratch your face with the finger with the hole in the glove.

I’ve seen guys at work use this stuff (https://www.nanotips.com/) on regular nomex gloves to make them touch screen compatible. They just painted it onto the finger tips of the gloves, seemed to work pretty well.

You can get leather gloves with touchscreen pads on the fingertips.

Back