Flying for 30 years and NOW I have a panic attack????

It's amazing (and sometimes illogical) how the brain works. I HATE being up on the roof to clean gutters and revile being on the roof to shingle the garage. I also hate the 10 meter diving board. Ladders are seemingly OK. Yet, I climb rocky outcrops and dikes in the Adirondacks and have hiked near cliffsides with no issues. Flying an airplane does not connect with my brain's "heights" circuitry at all. Go figure.

So I'm guessing none of you all want to go cliff jumping (50' or so) this summer.

Man that's a blast. Wear something with soles though, hurts your feet when you hit the water.

I'd do it. Just like going off the 10 meter platform for an abandon ship drill.

Last edited:
The 50' height was juuuuust high enough that the sensation of falling (or at least the acceleration part of it) stopped just before you hit the water. So you could feel weightless for about a quarter second or so.

The 50' height was juuuuust high enough that the sensation of falling (or at least the acceleration part of it) stopped just before you hit the water. So you could feel weightless for about a quarter second or so.
So what you're saying is we need an 80' cliff.

This is not helping validate my decision to paint my own house. LOL.
Wanna 'borrow' my airless sprayer? It's a home depot cheapy but serviceable. Well at least it was serviceable, I haven't used it in 18 years...

Wanna 'borrow' my airless sprayer? It's a home depot cheapy but serviceable. Well at least it was serviceable, I haven't used it in 18 years...

Airless? Haven’t ever used one of those. Was thinking I’d probably be risking life and limb on some rented scaffolding or one of those driveable scaffold things with a pancake compressor and a long hose. Ha.

Not even sure I want to do it. Just being cheap. Probably kill myself. Also probably cheaper in the long run to hire a crew that will have it done in two days vs me messing around with it all summer. Ha.

Airless? Haven’t ever used one of those. Was thinking I’d probably be risking life and limb on some rented scaffolding or one of those driveable scaffold things with a pancake compressor and a long hose. Ha.

Not even sure I want to do it. Just being cheap. Probably kill myself. Also probably cheaper in the long run to hire a crew that will have it done in two days vs me messing around with it all summer. Ha.
It worked great for staining the house in Bailey. You're welcome to test it. Obviously I'm not using it much. I've also got three pump jacks that I'm using right now but should be free in a couple months. They are great for use in place of scaffolding.

Back