Flying During Airventure Without Losing Campsite

iamtheari

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Ari
I can't be the first person to want to do this. I don't see anything in the NOTAM about it, either. That's not surprising, because the NOTAM is about flying and taxiing.

If I am camped out next to my plane at Oshkosh and I want to go flying, is there a way to get my same campsite when I return or do I have to pack it all up and set up camp at a new location when I land again?

I have not done this, but am fairly well versed with airventure. I would think a simple sign posted “gone flying, back in about x hours” with a time and date would work just fine. Maybe even put the campsite credential on it.

Double check with the registration folks.

Upon return make a sign for the taxi directors telling them where you want to go.

I have not done this, but am fairly well versed with airventure. I would think a simple sign posted “gone flying, back in about x hours” with a time and date would work just fine. Maybe even put the campsite credential on it.

Double check with the registration folks.
That works to protect the campsite. How do I get back there? Change my HBC sign to FOLLOW ME? :)

Simply TELL them where you are going via a sign. If you get the deer in the headlights look, wave them over and explain.

this I HAVE done a number of times and places there.

they don’t really care where you go, they mostly care it gets done as safe as possible. I have found them extremely cooperative.

I taxied a pietenpol right through the middle of EVERYTHING (even active runways) to get to a tennent hangar, without a radio... just took a little explaining. Taxied another (very odd) airplane right to the middle of the exhibit hangars, in the middle of the day, same thing, waved them over and explained. They just cleared people and things and helped.

I’ve done this. We just left the campsite setup. When I return, I had a sign with the parking spot, and I talked to the guy marshaling so he knew what was up. It worked well

Make
That works to protect the campsite. How do I get back there? Change my HBC sign to FOLLOW ME? :)
Make a sign with your location and row "HBC Row 123" hold it in the window when you taxi in, and they will get you back to your spot.

Back