Flying clubs in New Orleans?

Tommy3

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
Hi everyone--

Does anyone know of any flying clubs in New Orleans? From my Internet research it looks like GA is limited to a couple flights schools at Lakefront Airport which, happily, do rentals.

That said, I'd prefer to buy into a flying club, or rent from an independent owner. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I'm a recent PPL out of one of those flight schools at Lakefront, and to my knowledge that's about it around here. If you find anything else, let me know. Are you moving here?

I'm out of the Baton Rouge area and I've been toying with the idea of starting a club; far too few options like this in LA. I'd probably not own if there were any viable clubs around.

Look at Hammond, they have a few more options for rentals and much more reasonable prices than KNEW.

Look at Hammond, they have a few more options for rentals and much more reasonable prices than KNEW.

Can't believe I never checked this out. Renting would be cheaper by 20 bucks an hour, and looks like I could get my tailwheel and complex endorsements over there. I've been fretting over how expensive it was gonna be to rent at KNEW, so this is a great find. Think I might drive down there tomorrow...

I know this thread is a little old - I just moved to the NOLA area and have not been able to find a partnership or flying club that's reasonably close. Any interest in a KNEW-based piston single?

I don't know of anyone looking but I'll ask around. If you really get hurtin to go up, give me a PM and we'll go fly my bonanza.

I looked around for a club and tried to get partnerships... I ended up buying a C150 Aerobat. I fits my type of flying very well. James Phillips at Diamondhead has been trying to get a club started for a while now. They have/had a C172RG and were looking for people. YOu can call AeroOne at Diamondhead, MS Good Luck !! :)

I spent a lot of time in N.O. about a dozen years ago. I found many flying clubs there.

None involved aviation however. :)

Back