Flying Club Tickets

ctn830

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ctn830
Is there such a thing as an electronic flight ticket to log time? My flying club uses your typical ticket (pink, yellow, and white copy) to be filled out after each flight for billing purposes. It logs pilot, date, time, Hobbs time, tach time, fuel purchased, etc. But since we have many members flying it is very common for tickets to get lost, filled out incorrectly, missing information,etc. Is there a way to alleviate this constant problem? it would be great for a electronic or web based option to solve this problem. Maybe this on a ipad in the plane to complete after the flight. Thoughts anyone?

One log sheet that stays in the plane’s book.

One log sheet that stays in the plane’s book.
i think this was tried but they didn't like it. As of now, Pink copy stays in plane, white gets fuel receipt stapled to it and brought to office, white copy is mine. Yes very old school and with problems. This day in age there has to be a modern solution.

Good grief that sounds complicated.

When I was in a club with 7 planes and about 75 pilots (only 10-15 of us were active though), we had a log that stayed in each plane. Each row on the sheet was a flight - list the pilots name, starting Hobbs/Tach, ending Hobbs/Tach and date(s) (and maybe destination, and maybe something about fuel purchased can't remember for sure). At end of month, treasurer gathers the logs from the planes and does his magic in generating invoices. Members turn in fuel receipts (and deduct from monthly billable hours accordingly) when you pay your bill. The good thing about it was that the starting Hobbs/Tach was always the ending time of the previous flight, so you could ensure no gaps in time. If you got in the plane and the Hobbs/Tach didn't match what was the last entry on the log, you skipped a line and started a new one - knowing that someone missed a log entry. We used ScheduleMaster for reserving at that time, so the Treasurer could see who had the plane reserved at the time of the gap at least and ping them if necessary. It was VERY rare for there to be a missing entry, though.

Flight Circle (www.flightcircle.com) has these in addition to maintenance trackers and airplane schedulers. I’ve only been a user so I don’t know what the cost or setup is like.

When I was in a club with 7 planes and about 75 pilots (only 10-15 of us were active though), we had a log that stayed in each plane. Each row on the sheet was a flight - list the pilots name, starting Hobbs/Tach, ending Hobbs/Tach and date(s) (and maybe destination, and maybe something about fuel purchased can't remember for sure). At end of month, treasurer gathers the logs from the planes and does his magic in generating invoices. Members turn in fuel receipts (and deduct from monthly billable hours accordingly) when you pay your bill. The good thing about it was that the starting Hobbs/Tach was always the ending time of the previous flight, so you could ensure no gaps in time. If you got in the plane and the Hobbs/Tach didn't match what was the last entry on the log, you skipped a line and started a new one - knowing that someone missed a log entry. We used ScheduleMaster for reserving at that time, so the Treasurer could see who had the plane reserved at the time of the gap at least and ping them if necessary. It was VERY rare for there to be a missing entry, though.

That is almost exactly how my club operates, although we are a good bit smaller, and use Aircraftclubs.com for the scheduling software. It all seems to work pretty well.

Our club (98 planes, allegedly the largest flying club anywhere) uses schedulemaster. Frankly, its UI is a disaster and it looks like the website hasn't been changed since 2002 but it works, and covers squawks, oil, fuel, tach, hobbes, member currency, enforces scheduling rules, etc. It does capture everything, including a pre-flight and post-flight sheet and is somewhat mobile friendly

You can also look at FlightSchedulePro. I have no direct experience with it but we didn't run a beta account with them for a while.

MyFBO, Pilot Schedule, etc. Lots of them out there. If you'll be in Oshkosh, you could probably find a dozen.

Google "flying club flight management software"

My flight school / rental uses Flight Circle for scheduling and billing. No clue how it works for billing but the invoice I get is consistent with what I’ve entered in my logbook / Aircraft Log either solo or the occasional dual for refresher, BFR, etc.

Cheers

I just figured these days electronic is the only way to go

Last edited:
That is almost exactly how my club operates, although we are a good bit smaller, and use Aircraftclubs.com for the scheduling software. It all seems to work pretty well.

Our club is using Aircraftclubs.com now but only for scheduling and club wide emails. I'm not a fan of this software. Very basic, no option to reply all on emails, website needs much improvement, and overall not user friendly.

Our club (98 planes, allegedly the largest flying club anywhere) uses schedulemaster. Frankly, its UI is a disaster and it looks like the website hasn't been changed since 2002 but it works, and covers squawks, oil, fuel, tach, hobbes, member currency, enforces scheduling rules, etc. It does capture everything, including a pre-flight and post-flight sheet and is somewhat mobile friendly

You can also look at FlightSchedulePro. I have no direct experience with it but we didn't run a beta account with them for a while.

I wonder how Coflyt is?

MyFBO, Pilot Schedule, etc. Lots of them out there. If you'll be in Oshkosh, you could probably find a dozen.

Google "flying club flight management software"

I will be there and look forward to it. Coflyt looks good

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as an electronic flight ticket to log time? My flying club uses your typical ticket (pink, yellow, and white copy) to be filled out after each flight for billing purposes.

We use https://my.schedulemaster.com/ - Members get to schedule and log time there and it tracks hours and oil for maintenance purposes as well as a bunch of other metrics. When you come back you log your time on it. For fuel (or any other expense that is reimbursable) we mail a picture of the receipt to the clubs mailbox. Back end it all gets done in Quickbooks and we pay monthly on-line. Works really well for the dozen of us in the club. Sure more simple and less prone to error than what you're doing.

Our club (98 planes, allegedly the largest flying club anywhere) uses schedulemaster
Yeah that's exactly what we use. 98 planes and over 2,000 members.

The UI and interface is not great but honestly it's pretty good solution. Simple enough and has everything you need. My only real gripe is that it's not really mobile friendly. It would be nice to be bale to schedule from the phone more easily or just fill out the tach and hobbes while you're still at the airport closing up the plane.

Not sure.. if they'll have a booth at OSH I'll check them out this year

Is there such a thing as an electronic flight ticket to log time? My flying club uses your typical ticket (pink, yellow, and white copy) to be filled out after each flight for billing purposes. It logs pilot, date, time, Hobbs time, tach time, fuel purchased, etc. But since we have many members flying it is very common for tickets to get lost, filled out incorrectly, missing information,etc. Is there a way to alleviate this constant problem? it would be great for a electronic or web based option to solve this problem. Maybe this on a ipad in the plane to complete after the flight. Thoughts anyone?

With your club’s current system no wonder things are a mess. A simple tach logbook that fits in the glove box works best. Each member will check the tach log before each flight to determine it is has the correct ending value before their flight and then enter their time post flight.

With your club’s current system no wonder things are a mess. A simple tach logbook that fits in the glove box works best. Each member will check the tach log before each flight to determine it is has the correct ending value before their flight and then enter their time post flight.

agreed

Flightcircle.com cheap and user friendly and does everything…

Ha. I remember thinking that exact same thing back in 2000/2001 when I last used it. "Technically it works, but...."

How well equipped are your planes? We have no less than three devices in the plane that logs flights electronically…a 430, a JPI engine monitor, and a GI-275. You could ditch your ticket system and just match the electronic logs with the schedule, or with a security camera….

How well equipped are your planes? We have no less than three devices in the plane that logs flights electronically…a 430, a JPI engine monitor, and a GI-275. You could ditch your ticket system and just match the electronic logs with the schedule, or with a security camera….

We have 1- Cessna172S and 1-172N. Both with recent LYNX L3 NG9000 ADSB-in/out and Garmin GPS175. One has a G5 AI. All other instrument are standard

Back