Flying club membership - KMLE Omaha, NE

DaleB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DaleB
www.skyhawkflyingclub.org

We've got one membership for sale - mine, unfortunately, as it seems I won't be getting a medical certificate again. Three nice planes - 172, 182 and an Arrow. Limited membership, easy scheduling, low buy-in and dues, and as far as I know there has never been an assessment for expenses. Contact me if you're interested.

Nice rates,

sorry about your medical

Not as sorry as I am. But, hey, someone's going to be flying cheap!

I'd call it a certainty. I didn't wait 35 years to get a license just to give up this easily.

I can relate to that feeling. Got my license three years ago (now 57) and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis a year ago. So far I haven't been forced to switch from PP so soon after getting the license. Take care.

Wish we had a club like that near here....

Sorry about the medical, good luck with the LSA!

I'd call it a certainty. I didn't wait 35 years to get a license just to give up this easily.

Sorry to hear about your medical. I assume you've talked with Bruce?

Darn! Sorry about the medical. I guess that means no RV-7 project after all. :( RV-12, maybe? :)

Aww man Dale. Just saw this. I'm bummed for you.
Thanks. Right now I'm just looking for a good home for the RV-7 so I can make room in the garage for the 12. I don't want to have the tailcone and wings delivered and have no place to work on them.

On the bright side, I'm used to flying a 172 with no wheel fairings, so pretty much anything is a step up speed-wise! I really was looking forward to 160-170 kt cruise, but I suppose I'll live.

Thanks. Right now I'm just looking for a good home for the RV-7 so I can make room in the garage for the 12. I don't want to have the tailcone and wings delivered and have no place to work on them.

On the bright side, I'm used to flying a 172 with no wheel fairings, so pretty much anything is a step up speed-wise! I really was looking forward to 160-170 kt cruise, but I suppose I'll live.

I've got an empty hangar you can use if you need one. :yes:

RV-12's cruise 130MPH all day, and a hoot to fly. 4.5 GPH or mogas. Don't think of it as a step down, think of it as flying green! Less fuel and no lead! :yes:

;)

Last edited:
I've got an empty hangar you can use if you need one. :yes:
Freeing up the space currently occupied by a pair of RV-7 wings is important. Freeing up the cash currently tied up in an RV-7 project is almost equally important. I figure I will need to order the 12 empennage and wings at the same time due to the lead time on the wings.
RV-12's cruise 130MPH all day, and a hoot to fly. 4.5 GPH or mogas. Don't think of it as a step down, think of it as flying green! Less fuel and no lead! :yes:
I'll be done building a lot sooner, too. Which is important, considering there isn't squat available for me to fly while I'm building now.

Aww man Dale. Just saw this. I'm bummed for you.
So am I, but it's good there are other options open to you and that your health is apparently good enough that you can exercise these options. :)

Back