"Flying Carpet" by Greg Brown

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Anyone interested in reading "Flying Carpet" by Greg Brown? He writes for AOPA Flight Training magazine. This book is a series of short stories of his travels in a Cessna with his wife and kids. It's a pretty good read, read it in 9 hours. (not straight through.)

http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Carpet...tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1393112794&sr=8-2

It is *autographed* to me but I read it and can't imagine re reading it. Please PM if interested.

Found a home for it.

Post if you want to be next in line.

Interesting. I have a book titled The Flying Carpet, written by Richard Haliburton with a copyright date of 1932. It is fascinating reading, detailing a trip around the world in a biplane referred to only as the Flying Carpet, make and model not given. But they visited an incredible number of exotic places, such as Persia as it was back then, Timbuctoo, the Sahara and so on. I haven't read Greg Brown's book, but I doubt it can be quite as adventurous as this, given the state of aviation at that time.

Greg Brown's book is certainly not on the same plane (see what I did there?) as Halliburton's various writings, but it is a good read.

As for Mr. Halliburton's book, I am going to watch for that - bet it would make good reading, indeed!

Back