Flying by Rushmore

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
Maintain 2000 agl and fly by?

Screenshot of sectional won’t upload, but refreshing myself I see above such things 2000agl is requested...

Anything else I’m missing?

Maintain 2000 agl and fly by?
Screenshot of sectional won’t upload, but refreshing myself I see above such things 2000agl is requested...

Anything else I’m missing?

You're missing that you fly a TAILDRAGGER ... NONE of this applies to YOU!;)
Your instructor during TW endorsement was supposed to emphasize low approaches, ADSB disabling and single pass buzz jobs:p

Like this?

dc912875aa488967699014ed9468a8bf.jpg

Wayne

Which means that you can drive your car closer to it than you could fly.
Maybe some day they'll finish it. Or erase it.

but I won’t have a car and don’t want to land n drive in - it’s enroute to Johnson Creek ID, also thinking of lying through Sylvans pass into Yellowstone

FAA doesn’t have a tape and I for one can’t tell the difference between 2000 feet vs 1500 feet laterally. Watch out of the crap load of helos. [mention]Sinistar [/mention] can share his experience

The rule of agl and radial distance is a OR, not AND. When on with Ellsworth App they will tell you OR. I mistakenly repeated back AND and was corrected. The SD parks or county or state or whatever wants it to be both (AND) but that that does not synch with the FAA directive.

We flew just slightly above (maybe 500agl) and just a bit outside the lateral distance rule. Doing both 7700msl (or whatever it is) and the distance you wont see much.

Either way it's fun. But kinda small. Plus, look for the parking lot first then the monuments. Kinda hard to find the other way around.

Crazy horse was more impressive. We did several laps around the little mountain it was on. :)

Also be alert and be on 123.0 or whatever it is due to the sightseeing air traffic. For each pass we announced on the "Custer" frequency.

One other weird thing. Ellsworth App had us keep our squawk even though they handed us off to the Custer unicom. But we were ultimately going to KRAP :)

Ps. And KRAP doesnt have a coded ATIS even though it's a Delta.

Back