Flying blind? - humor

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
This one's been around before, but still gets a chuckle from me when I read it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

A man was flying from Seattle to San Francisco. Unexpectedly, the plane was
diverted to Sacramento along the way. The flight attendant explained that
there would be a delay, and if the passengers wanted to get off the aircraft
the plane would re-board in 50 minutes.

Everybody got off the plane except one lady who was blind. The man had
noticed her as he walked by and could tell the lady was blind because her
Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of her throughout
the entire flight.

He could also tell she had flown this very flight before because the pilot
approached her, and calling her by name, said, "Kathy, we are in Sacramento
for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" The
blind lady replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs."

Picture this:

All the people in the gate area came to a complete standstill when they
looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a Seeing Eye dog! The
pilot was even wearing sunglasses.

People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, but they were trying
to change airlines!

True story.... Have a great day and remember...

cap_n_rover.jpg

THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS AS THEY APPEAR

My ex-wife wss blind so consequently, I met a fair number of blind folks during that time. On one such event, it came out I was a pilot.

This guy said it was inevitable technology would one day enable a blind man (or woman) to fly an airplane. While I disagreed wholeheartedly, I didn't go to the point of were that possible, why would there be a pilot at all?!?!? Personally, I would not fly with either scenario.

I found some blind individuals to be as militant in their demands for equality as other "minority groups."

That wasn't a seeing eye dog, nowadays it's the no longer mythical second crew member whose job it is to bite the pilot if he tries to interfere with the computer flying the airplane.

Blind folk wouldn't have any trouble doing this approach then. :rolleyes:

Eyeless? Bwaaaaahahahahahahhaa!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Someone needs to tell that reporter that it's actually the Eye L. Ess approach, which is named after the inventor of the precision Instrument Landing System approach. :D

Oh, and another thing... "Federal Aviation Association???" :rolleyes: The guy needs a clue.

And yet another thing,
Now, global positioning systems enable review of flight patterns of incoming and outgoing aircraft and identification of flights that prompt complaints. Officials can pinpoint a caller’s location within 100 feet and compare a plane’s flight pattern, which is also recorded and plotted using GPS coordinates.
Want to tell me how they're going to get the GPS information from all the planes coming in there?

And yet another thing,
Want to tell me how they're going to get the GPS information from all the planes coming in there?

I think they're just gonna use radar tracks or something. That reporter was (obviously) freakin' clueless. Even more than a normal reporter! I bet any high school kid could have done better.

I think they're just gonna use radar tracks or something. That reporter was (obviously) freakin' clueless. Even more than a normal reporter! I bet any high school kid could have done better.
Yeah, you know that and I know that. The misinformed readers of the article, however... :no::mad:

Back