Flying an exact radius around a point

Maybe. And I'd probably set up the panel gear that way... But you're necessarily going to be making adjustments the entire time. Twist 10, turn 10 isn't going to work very well for the OP's purpose unless he's got a gyro-stablized camera mounted on the inside wingtip.
But, if you have one of them there GPS thingies, you don't have to do the "twist 10" because it automatically and continuously twists itself to tell you what "radial" you are on. And, since you don't have to do the "twist 10" you don't have to fly the straight line segments between the "turn 10's". But, the camera is going to get bounced around no matter what if you are recording video...

Maybe. And I'd probably set up the panel gear that way... But you're necessarily going to be making adjustments the entire time. Twist 10, turn 10 isn't going to work very well for the OP's purpose unless he's got a gyro-stablized camera mounted on the inside wingtip.

True, but the twist and turn thing was never my choice on doing it anways, far too busy and jerky, a nice gentle roll into a turn, slightly tighter if you go over 5.00, ease up a hair if you go under, much less work and from the tracks ive seen it’s very smooth and accurate, just relax and keep a eye on your range (DME, GPS, whatever).

But yeah, wouldn’t hurt to have it drawn out on the iPad too, as long as you don’t fixate on it.

Mt Rainer isn’t perfectly round, nor is the Earth. I think if your circle is less than Da Vinci quality it will still yield a decent product. If you have a commercial rating you can even log it and sell the product. ;)

Back