Flying Again - MzeroA DVD - Jason Schapert

RalphInCA

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RalphInCA
Has anyone seen this? Worth buying?

It's a little pricy at $29, but might be kind of a fun addition to the library.

I've seen one of the advertisement previews while he was making it, and it looks interesting. Jason has always put together good material. 29$ seems like a drop in the bucket for something that might have lessons to learn from and be beneficial to watch.

I had the $100+ a month subscription and watched as many videos as I could in that month and went through the the VFR and IFR ground schools. All great content.

I get what you're saying on price. You can go on Amazon and get the Garbage Pail Kids DVD for $6.59.

Just remember that thousands of hours went into Jason's video and it's targeted at a pretty small audience. That doesn't happen if people don't support people like him when he makes good stuff.

Also, the Garbage Pail Kids Blu-ray is $21.

And remember, a good pilot................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................is always learning.

Yeah, I hear what you guys are saying about $29 being a drop in the bucket and the fact that Jason had to put a lot of effort into the video. And that he is marketing to a small audience.

But that has nothing to do about whether it's a quality video. Anybody actually ever watch this?

29 bucks is still 29 bucks, and I would rather not waste it if I can help it.

FYI for the DFW area folk. Jason is gonna be in town Thursday doing a seminar on Pilot Induced Accidents.

I enjoy Jason's videos a lot, I'd bet it is worth the money but I haven't seen it yet.

Can't speak to the video but if you are just looking at getting back into flying get a CFI and fly. If the knowledge stuff is the issue there are plenty of resources online. When I came back after 20+ years off we did basically a mini-private pilot ran through the basics. Signed off after about 7 hours. Admittedly the first two lessons I was wondering if I was ever going to get it back. Then about lesson three it was like a switch went off and it started clicking again.

Can't speak to the video but if you are just looking at getting back into flying get a CFI and fly. If the knowledge stuff is the issue there are plenty of resources online. When I came back after 20+ years off we did basically a mini-private pilot ran through the basics. Signed off after about 7 hours. Admittedly the first two lessons I was wondering if I was ever going to get it back. Then about lesson three it was like a switch went off and it started clicking again.

Thanks, but I am well into flying. I fly at least twice a week, actively pursuing my IR. After that commercial, then CFI.

Again, can't speak on the video, but based upon the previews and his regular content, I'd say it's worth 29$.

Bought the DVD at Oshkosh, and Ariel Tweto signed it for us. :)

I thought the video was great. Different rusty pilots, different ages, etc. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Yes, she's just as cute in real life. Same exact person. Just a sweetheart. She is in the dvd as a rusty pilot. I thought the DVD would be only the pilots who flew in the 70's and 80's and 30 years later come back. And there are a few of them. But there is also a young woman who got her PPL during college and then stopped flying for 5 years. All in all, I think it's a great DVD.

I remember first seeing her on that "Flying Wild Alaska" or whatever it was, why do they always cancel the best shows?? :mad2:
"Daddy sold out and retired." Family operation became a business-only and therefore not as interesting as it had been.

"Daddy sold out and retired." Family operation became a business-only and therefore not as interesting as it had been.
Definitely a bummer. It was a good show!

My favorite episode was Ariel's first solo flight.

I was wandering through the trade show at Oshkosh and heard "the voice" from across the building. I started to smile and asked my wife if she wanted to go meet Jason.
It was fun meeting him in person and chatting for a bit.
I always enjoy his videos, and his over the top enthusiasm is infectious. :)

I just completed my flight review after a five-year hiatus. I reviewed the FAA's guide to performing a Flight review and reviewed all the sections listed in the FAR/AIM, watched some YouTube videos, and listened to some LiveATC. No need to buy anything special, there is PLENTY of free material out there.

Back