Flying a Foreign Aircraft

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
I decided that I will add an "Edge of Space" flight to my bucket list. I'll do this within the next 5 years. Looking this up, there are a couple commercial operations that conduct this flight from Russia in aircraft such as the MiG-29, which i'm not qualified to operate as PIC in the following ways:
  • I don't have a Commercial Certificate
  • I can't operate in Class-A airspace (Class G is above the A, but gotta get there,right?)
  • I don't have a Multi-engine Rating
  • I'm not turbine qualified and
  • I don't have a type rating
Seems like the odds are against me, right?

Not only do I plan to do this but I plan to make this flight as loggable time. How can I legally log this flight?

Oh, and I gotta get the money too - can't forget that part - LoL-- Money is what makes man fly.

Good luck with that.

You can log anything. For the time to be usable, ie. experience applicable to a rating, you could fly with an instructor and log it as dual. Russian instructor would only be good for a Russian rating. Can't log PIC since you're not multi-rated.

Why would anyone pay 12,500 euros for 25 minutes of sub sonic flight when you can get 45 minutes and supersonic for only 2,000 more? Terrible price structure.
I noticed that too... the website is a fun read though. I'm not sure I'd book a trip like off a random site I found on Google.. I wonder if there's more "connected" ways to arrange a flight like that. Would be fun

Back