Fly to Bermuda from East Coast in single engine prop plane?

Zen Dean

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Zen Galileo
Just curious if anyone here has done this. Also, could a Jabiru J170 with its 1000 mile range do this?

There are no links in my post so I don't know why I'm being warned about it.

I think it better be a turbine because from another thread a while back about a similar flight in a piston twin someone indicated they don't have 100LL there :eek:.

Could be wrong. Unless its a TBM or PC12 with that range it sounds like a trip ending in the water unless you have some excellent extra fuel/ferry tank system.

That's a long way over the water for SE piston, but I'm sure it's been done, maybe someone will pipe up.

Of course you can. It is about 600 miles. Get a splash of auto fuel and you can return.

Probably not within my risk tolerance, though.

As long as the weather is decent, and you don't pick a day with an insane head wind, should be a piece of cake.

Sounds like a cool adventure! I believe the Jabiru can also use automotive fuel, there might however be some limitations regarding the ethanol content. In case they don't have 100LL, this might be an option to look into.

My I ask why you want to go there? 'Just because' or is there a specific reason?

Reactions: YKA
Back