Fly-In Pics

ScottK

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ScottK
I got these pics from a local fly-in at KIDI yesterday. This is typically a quiet little airport, but yesterday, we had between 20-30 planes on the ramp at any given time. There was quite a nice mix of aircraft as well. I took a lot of pictures and still didn't get shots of all of them.

They put out food for a voluntary donation of $7.00 and set up tables inside the lobby of the FBO. I met a couple new people and as you can see from the pics, got to see some cool airplanes.

One of the pics is a military high wing. I couldn't figure out what type it is. The tail number was on the inside, but I forgot to write it down. Any ideas about this one?

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Cub.jpg
    Cub.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • Decathlon.jpg
    Decathlon.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • Decathlon-2.jpg
    Decathlon-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • Ercoupe.jpg
    Ercoupe.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 72
  • GlasairIII.jpg
    GlasairIII.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Military.jpg
    Military.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 84
  • OspreyGP4.jpg
    OspreyGP4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
  • Piel Emeraude.jpg
    Piel Emeraude.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • Pitts S-2B.jpg
    Pitts S-2B.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • RV-4.jpg
    RV-4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • RV-6.jpg
    RV-6.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
  • RV-7A.jpg
    RV-7A.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • SuperDecathlon.jpg
    SuperDecathlon.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • Velocity.jpg
    Velocity.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • Zodiac601XL.jpg
    Zodiac601XL.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
We been there

Attachments

• PA_Indiana.jpg
    PA_Indiana.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 57
Jimmy Stewart Airport! I am pleased by that. :yes:

Nice pics, the high-wing looks like an L-19 Bird Dog

Thanks for posting those, Scott. Looks like a great time!

Almost forgot...My favorite of the day was the only picture that turned out blurry. It was a Citabria with the all red paint job and a black nose. It was stunning! I would love to get up in one of those some day. They look like a ton of fun!

Last edited:
I was mad I missed this one! Found out after I went elsewhere for the proverbial $100 hamburger! When I heard there was a glasair 3 there I was really annoyed I had missed it.

Nice pics, the high-wing looks like an L-19 Bird Dog
It's a 1968 Super Mountaineer or "Super Bird Dog", "remanufactured" by Ector, not Cessna... with a Lycoming O-540 (250 hp).
I know all this only because I saw it for sale at Barnstormers... I'd buy it, but I'm a little short of $140K. :eek:
Great mix of planes, there. Thanks for sharing.

Now that is what a flyin is all about right there. Nice to talk to pilots about their planes. Thanks for posting.

It's a 1968 Super Mountaineer or "Super Bird Dog", "remanufactured" by Ector, not Cessna... with a Lycoming O-540 (250 hp).
I know all this only because I saw it for sale at Barnstormers... I'd buy it, but I'm a little short of $140K. :eek:
Great mix of planes, there. Thanks for sharing.

Nice, I'd never heard of Ector or the O-540 rebuild on a L-19. Nice catch, it's a great looking plane. Gotta spend some time daydreaming about where I can get $140,000 now.

Last edited:
Back