Fly in India

tib07

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
tib07
Hello dear Pilots of America!

I have a project for this summer, it's about help friends for a report in India, they would like to take shoot from plane. But after a long time looking for information about legislation in India, I don't find anything. Does anybody knows what I need to fly there, I have my JAA PPL.

Anybody fly there?

Thanks for your answers!
Sincerely,
Thibault C.

It's going to be difficult. Not many flying schools or flying clubs there. It's probably not going to be cheap either- not much 100 LL gasoline used. I've seen one flying club there, they had some weather-beaten C-172s and seemed to be associated with the Air Force.

http://hoftec.blogspot.com/2007/08/aviation-in-india.html

India, despite a population of slightly more than 1 Billion, has only about 350 flying GA aircraft – 6 balloons and 40 Ultralights included – of the 1100 aircraft on its Civil Aviation register. Moreover, India records only about 2000 registered GA pilots....

...One of their first orders of business was to take Frank to a 900 foot strip, far into the country, where one of the AOPA directors had carved out an UL strip, erected a hangar, put an Indian-made UL into it, and posted a 24-7 guard to watch it all. Frank was privileged to be given a flight – one of few people in India to have flown an UL over India. Operations of this aircraft are restricted to a 3 mile radius and under 700 feet.

Last edited:
When I see this it really makes me appreciate the good ol USA for easy flying..:yesnod::yesnod::rolleyes:

Ben.
I agree. I also am concerned that it will go away form either the TSA making it too difficult to go for a quick flight or our government making it too expensive (like Europe) via direct user fees.

Thanks guys!
I found the mail of the aeroclub of India, maybe they'll give me some answers!

Take care and Happy New Year with a lot of gorgeous flight!

It isn't the regulations you need to know, it's the expected bribe at every level of authority figures you deal with.

Back