fly-in golf

phludzenski

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
phludzenski
First, I'd like to thank everyone who uses this message board for their valuable input. It's been a great help in regard to the research I've been doing.

I was wondering if anyone has ever participated in a fly-in golf event? If so, I would appreciate some insight on how the event was set up, and how you got word about it/signed up, etc. I'm trying understand what the expectations for such an event would be from a pilot's perspective, and what would be the best way to notify pilots of such an event.

Thanks very much.

I would post it on the forums, it gets the most attention.

I am a member of the Beech Aero Club (BAC) and the mid-Atlantic area has scheduled a few fly-ins for golf and lunch. So, if you belong to a type club or have friends at the local airport offer the idea the next breakfast run or hangar flying session and see where it ends up.

Not sure where you're located but I keep my clubs at the beach in Ocean City MD and play on the weekends I fly down to KOXB.

We are blessed to have several "city-owned" airports... where they build the golf course on the airport property. Or built an airport on the golf course, who knows. You can take the golf cart right to the plane :)

There is a public golf course right next to the PAO beacon. I'd imagine you show up, park in transient parking, and haul your clubs across the street.

Back